Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Picture Additions (Sneak Preview) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Picture Additions (Sneak Preview)
Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 03:34 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Brad, for this excellent collection!

Did it take the "jaws of life" to extricate Ian from the confines of that minicar?

I enjoyed all the contributions, since the photos and captions help
keep me abreast of new technologies so eagerly discussed in Forum threads, which I have never experienced but can visualize with
the help of the Pictures and Manuals sections. And it's certainly
encouraging to see fine small cinemas and grand palaces being lovingly
restored and run.

But my nomination for a Lifetime Achievement Award goes to Michael Denner for his very explicitly presented history of "his" Glastonbury
Festival in the U.K.! His enterprising risk-taking,
supported by his incredible hard work, organizing abilities and engineering expertise over so many years make one inspiring story!
His audiences and nation must be very proud!
-Gerard

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-23-2002 03:43 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - I wonder how Ian got into that thing! Did he use a shoe horn?

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 06-23-2002 04:17 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he got in the car the same way Tom Cruise did in Minority Report.

John Westlund
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 04:19 PM      Profile for John Westlund   Email John Westlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought there were going to be more pictures of the your screening room Brad.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 04:24 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah some great stuff.

Very interesting to compare my Student Cinema with St. John's College.

I notice you guys don't have a subwoofer.

Shame you are not allowed food and drink in. We are able now. But not a few years ago. (If you look at the 2nd pic you can see the front of the balcony and the drop. The white squares you can make out, are our signs telling people to not put their drinks on the ledge)

----------
What's with all the UCG signs in that 8mm set up?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-23-2002 07:15 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll post screening room picturs at the end of July. I am going to let Josh and Paul get a show in there before posting any booth shots.

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 11:16 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I've not been able to update the Booth photo's for the Civic , I'll check with head Projectionist's Steve Henshaw and Ross Denelley when I can get in there ,the last I was there they had Twinn Philips 35/70 projectors 6000ft change Over and DTS installed ,most films shown there are festival and Restored Classics "Lawrence of Arabia" "Bridge Over the River Kwai " etc which are well attended ,but mostly used for Live Theatre and shows.

------------------
A KIWI eats,roots & Leaves.

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 06-24-2002 04:59 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 06-24-2002 06:31 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can see all of the pics in the new section, except for the new Angels pics.

Same goes for most of the member pics (Brad, Joe and a couple others show all the time)

I have tried disabling my firewall (which brings the member pics back up but not the Angels pics)...

Any ideas? I am using Netscape 4.79

-Aaron

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-24-2002 08:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Should be fine now. It appears whoever it was that sent in those new pictures of Angels put a space in the filename and is causing your error. Netscape doesn't like spaces. I wonder who that was. Hmmmmmm. We must torment that guy.

Steven Gorsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2002 01:11 AM      Profile for Steven Gorsky   Author's Homepage   Email Steven Gorsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of spaces in the filename - the pictures of the Civic have the same problem, except one.

It's best not to use spaces in filenames on the internet in general, so either leave them out or use a underscore instead.

Steven Gorsky

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-25-2002 01:53 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steven, I'll fix those as well.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2002 03:00 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad /Gerard

Glastonbury Festival is not in New Zealand it's in England and this year's festival starts on Friday.

Details of this year's programme are at:
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2002/cinema.html

Looks a though they've managed to get one of the inflatable screens this year.

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2002 05:39 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I was scatching my head on that one ,but then did a search to find it in the old country U.K , but Wow what a festival.

------------------
A KIWI eats,roots & Leaves.

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2002 01:43 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dick Vaughn--
WHOOPS! Thanks for catching my error. I'll edit and correct.
Thought it strange. But where IS Aukland? Wasn't there a bird called
the Great Auk, now extinct, like the Dodo? Wasn't that in NZ or OZ?
--Gerard (Who gets lost S. of equator, or W. of the Hudson.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: