Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Film-Tech official movie quote game (Page 1)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23 

Author Topic: The Film-Tech official movie quote game
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-13-2002 06:25 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT-See "comments" thread on page 7 for newly added rule.

Let's play a game. Identify the movie the last quote came from and then add your own.

The Rules:

• You may not answer your own quote and post another unless no other member has posted the correct movie title it came from within 24 hours. (Do not post the answer early! This forum's clock will be the official timekeeper.)
  • When you answer a quote with the movie title it came from, your next quote to add to the game MUST be made on that same post. Feel free to make the reply of the correct movie title to officially be the winner of any given quote, but you need to use the "edit" feature to go back and add the next quote to that post within 10 minutes time. Ideally, please come up with a good quote and tape it to the side of your computer. Then once you win a round you will have one ready to go.
  • Quotes MUST be restricted to films released to mainstream commercial US theaters only. Don't quote some videomovie you made or some flick that is so obscure it would be unfair to the other members. The movie must have played in the United States nationwide for at least 2 weeks.
  • Refrain from using pathetically obvious quotes like "May the force be with you" or "my momma always said life is like a box of chocolates". Please don't even bother if that's the best you can come up with.
  • As humorous as it may be in the effort of "stumping" the members, do not post quotes like "well shit" or "get down". That could have come from a TON of movies and "get down" has been used in every Arnold Schwarzenegger movie ever made! Besides, correctly identfying ANY one of them will be considered a correct answer, and you want to be able to stump people for maximum points and another shot.
  • In the event the quote uses a character's name, I highly recommend you replace it with five underscore keystrokes. (Example: _____) You don't HAVE to do this, but it will make the quote harder to figure out if the character name is unique (such as my "boobie" quote below.)
  • Try and restrict the quote to ideally no more than THREE sentences. Do NOT run through a conversation, but if quoting more than 3 sentences is required, you may do so but it will give more clues to the origin. Remember ideally you want to post a quote that will stump the members for a 24 hour period. (See scoring below.)
  • Quotes do not have to be exact, but they need to be pretty darned close.
  • You may NOT post the next quote if you do not correctly answer the current quote posted.
  • In the event a quote is posted from a member who failed to properly identify the movie, that quote will be deleted as well as any responses. As such, if you KNOW the quote is incorrect, just post the correct movie title it came from and add your new quote, then email me so I may make a notation on that member's post that it is disqualified.
  • No movie released before 1980 may be quoted. This is to be fair to the younger members on the forum. The www.imdb.com website will be the final ruling if there is any question regarding the official first release date, even if their information is inaccurate.
  • You may not quote a movie that has not been released to the public yet! The restriction is that for a movie opening on a Friday, you may not post a quote from it before Friday night at 11:59PM.
  • You may NOT make random comments throughout this game via replies to this thread. If comments or questions are desired, I am about to open a thread titled "The Film-Tech official movie quote game COMMENTS". I'm sure I missed some crucial detail or loophole in the rules, so we can sort it out there. There is to be no chatting on this thread. Only quotes and answers. Perhaps someone mathematically inclined (Evans?) would be so kind as to keep a running tally on the "COMMENTS" thread as each page is completed on this thread.
  • Yes Film-Tech employees and anyone connected with Film-Tech Engineering or the Film-Tech website may participate, including me. Film-Tech is an "equal opportunity" employer. I could also use another shirt.

Scoring:

• Each correct answer earns 1 point.
  • Each incorrect answer subtracts 10 points.
  • Each quote that stumps all of the members for a 24 hour period earns 10 points. (You must make a post stating which movie it came from after 24 hours has passed, at which point you may post the next quote.)
  • If you reply to your quote that stumped the members with the correct answer, but at least 24 hours has not yet passed since the date and time your quote was posted, you lose 10 points. (You actually lose 20 points if you consider you added 10 points from above.)
  • If you quote a movie that was released before 1980 or does not fit in with the rules, you lose 10 points.
  • Comments posted to this thread will result in the loss of 10 points.
  • Posting the answer, and then replying AGAIN to this thread with the next quote removes 2 points from your score. (Use that EDIT button folks!)
  • If you are too lazy to read these rules and post a quote without being the person who answered the last quote, you lose 50 points.

Below is an example of a PROPER reply post to a quote from the movie "A Night at the Roxbury", followed by the next quote in the game. To make sure that no one can cheat via the edit button, you MUST quote the movie quote from the above post that you are answering.

"So you wanna make out or what?" -A Night at the Roxbury

"It's your turn to make breakfast." "I made breakfast yesterday, eggs over easy." "The hell you did! I made bologna and beans!"

Then the next reply would look something like this:

"It's your turn to make breakfast." "I made breakfast yesterday, eggs over easy." "The hell you did! I made bologna and beans!" -Tremors

"_____, BOOBIE, I'm your white knight."

The game is over when 500 replies are made to this thread, or December 31st 2002 comes to an end. The member with the most points will receive a Film-Tech T-shirt.

A tip: when you make a post to this thread, check the "email notification" box to get an immediate email alert from the system reminding you a fresh quote has just been added.

Here we go. Identify this quote:

"Could I borrow your towel? I just hit a water buffalo."

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-13-2002 07:50 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Could I borrow your towel? I just hit a water buffalo." - FLETCH

"Were having a two for one sale on orphans today"

John Spare
Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2002 08:12 PM      Profile for John Spare   Email John Spare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"We're having a two for one sale on orphans today." Like Mike

"Do you want to go to jail, or do you want to go home?"

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2002 08:31 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Do you want to go to jail, or do you want to go home?" Training Day.

"First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside."

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-13-2002 08:48 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside." Transformers - The Movie

"It's a very tough job. I would work on a deal then some guy would come in at the end and steal all the credit."

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-15-2002 04:32 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It's a very tough job. I would work on a deal then some guy would come in at the end and steal all the credit". Henry Winkler - Night Shift

"I thought I was being sorta charming".

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2002 05:30 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

was from Bladerunner, not exact, but.....

thought I was being sorta charming, Mr Ford, Bladerunner

Moderator notification-I have just heard from John Wilson and Bladerunner is not the correct answer. There is another movie with the exact quote John posted.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-16-2002 10:01 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I thought I was being sorta charming". - John Travolta - Staying Alive.

"Anna Moss? Is she all green and fuzzy and mossy? And you met this bruiser where exactly...at the home for the mentally challenged or the blind or the bus station?"

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2002 10:04 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Anna Moss? Is she all green and fuzzy and mossy? And you met this bruiser where exactly...at the home for the mentally challenged or the blind or the bus station?" HIGH FIDELITY

"I'm a crack whore who should've made my skeezy boyfriend wear a condom?"

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-16-2002 10:14 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm a crack whore who should've made my skeezy boyfriend wear a condom?" - Ten Things I Hate About You

"Now, I ain't cheap, but I can't be had. My minimum price for taking a stranded lady to a bus station is $400."

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 07-16-2002 10:24 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Never Mind....I should have clicked "refresh."]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-16-2002 12:03 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Now, I ain't cheap, but I can't be had. My minimum price for taking a stranded lady to a bus station is $400." - Romancing The Stone

"You can't take my mind. It's all I have."

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-17-2002 01:09 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"You can't take my mind. It's all I have." - Flash Gordon.

"You don't have to have money to have someone try to take it away from you."

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-18-2002 02:24 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"You don't have to have money to have someone try to take it away from you." - Michael

"A sappling cannot grow in the shadow of a mighty oak _____, he needs sunlight."

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2002 08:40 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"A sapling cannot grow in the shadow of a mighty oak, Francis. He needs sunlight!" - Ever After

(although technically it's not an exact match because sapling was spelled wrong above)

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: