Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Italian Film-Forum

Author Topic: Italian Film-Forum
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2002 05:14 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

proiezionisti.com has born and I actually manage the forum section of the website. I remember when Brad decised to put the pre-screen of the forum (the liability statement) and, at that time, I wonder who needs that advice, it was abvious for me!

Fun story, I've just uploaded a similar advice for my forum too!!!

Too much people are searching gold words on the internet...

Bye
Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 07-17-2002 08:38 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio,

The site looks great. I can not read a word of it but I wish you much success.

I wish you had a button to change Italian to English so I could understand the members.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-17-2002 09:05 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Antonio,
The site is very nice! I can only read Italian passively since I studied Latin in school, so I checked out some of the articles and they are really good. Also the reference section is nicely done.
Keep up the good work
Michael

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2002 10:57 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Pronto, Antonio,
Nel mezzo del camin di nostra vida mi ritrovai per una cinema oscura che le diritta via era smarrita.
Ecco! You led me to your www.proiezionisti.com , worthy of a Benvenuto Cellini in design and encyclopedic in scope!
Bellissimo! Bravo!

Grazia, --Gerard

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-18-2002 08:33 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A shameless plug...
http://www.littleitalymd.com/

Every Friday evening this summer, the Little Italy in Baltimore, MD has an open-air movie night. All of the films this year, as in previous years, are shown on genuine 16mm. The first year, we used a Bauer Slecton, the next two years we used a Norelco EL5020 and these last two times the projection duties have been on an ELMO LX-1100 but running a 1600 watt lamp.

The sound is by a single Altec A5X/1005 and a 120 watt TOA amp to fill the entire outdoors...Talk about efficientcy!

For pictures of the event, you can try the Senator theatre's web site http://www.senator.com They were invoved with the outdoor films in Little Italy for the first two years.

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2002 11:37 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait wait wait...

I didnt' made the site! I'm actually just managing the forum! I'll forward your comments on the webmaster of the site, a colleague of mine, she is a projectionist too

Bye!

Antonio

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2002 04:12 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio,
Your forums on www.proiezionisti.com have lots of posts and will keep you busy! I wish you were able to show the writer's photos, as Brad
does. Glad to see your photo but couldn't find that of your webmaster colleague on www.proiezionisti.com. I liked Mario Calzini's article on IMAX. The Links page is neat and of course includes the www.Film-tech.com logo. The typography and layout are very attractive and highly readable, but on my monitor the forum posts appear in a tiny
font in little postage-stamp boxes, which makes them harder to read
than those on Film-tech.
Congratulations on being chosen Forum Administrator of WWW.PROIEZIONISTI.COM .
Best of luck, --Gerard

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2002 08:37 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerard,

Thanks for visiting us! I wish to be able to put the member's photo too! Unfortunately the forum, right now, is not permitting it. Hope that in near future I can add the pictures.

What resolution do you use? I saw the forum with 800x600 and 1024x768 monitor, also notebook TFT monitor without problems. Can you help me resolving your issue? There is a box where you can choose your monitor resolution, be sure to select the correct one.

here http://www.proiezionisti.com/redazione.htm are the real webmasters!

Be aware that who is hosting the web is having few technical problems and sometimes the web is not accessibile...

Ciao
Antonio

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2002 02:03 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Antonio,
Thanks for the link to your webmasters' photos.
My 19" monitor has a range from 640x480 through 1600x1200 pixels,
but I am most comfortable at the present setting of 1024x480 pixels.
Of course I can change it by going to Settings/Display and sliding the
pointer + or -, or for quick temporary change to read fine print, hold
down CTRL and ALT keys while rolling the wheel on the mouse. [WIN98]
Sometimes I just use a large reading glass to magnify a tiny detail without changing the display.
Gerard

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: