Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Photographs

Author Topic: Photographs
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 07-27-2002 03:46 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just been reading the third page of the Vistavision thread on the film handlers' forum. It struck me that almost half of the photographs are black and white.

Yesterday I finally got round to getting my photgraph taken, I got somebody at work to do it for me, using my old Speed Graphic press camera. I've got several shots to choose from, indoors and out, with and without flashbulbs, black and white negatives (Polaroid 665), and colour transparencies (Fuji Astia). I will develop the Astia tomorrow, but it will be difficult to choose a shot, as all will have a serious problem, I will look just as ugly in them as I do in real life. Maybe I should give up with photographs, and have my portrait painted instead, then the picture needn't look anything like I really do, or maybe I could send a CGI image of myself, which looks nothing like me. Any CGI experts here?

|  IP: Logged

David Rigby
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2002 12:54 PM      Profile for David Rigby   Email David Rigby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alternatively, just send in a picture of someone else That's what the internet is for after all!!

David

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-27-2002 03:41 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm... no. Anyone who takes a picture off of the internet and says it is them in order to get extra priveledges here at the site is a complete loser.

I wonder what people would be afraid of, anyway? People rarely like pictures of themselves. But people see you everyday in real life. Are you gonna walk around with your hands in front of your face 24/7? Remember... the rest of the world does not think pictures of you are as bad as you do. Don't be afraid of the internet.

David... I know you're kidding, but I don't want anyone to get any ideas.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: