Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » "TWO TOWERS PROTEST" there are really people upset about this (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: "TWO TOWERS PROTEST" there are really people upset about this
Gordon Hedges III
Jealous of everyone not me

- posted 11-04-2002 04:30 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check it out here: here

I haven't fully gone through the site, yet. But I seriously think that people take things TOO SERIOUSLY or to heart. I just don't understand people most of the time when they think of things like this. The site was put up just a couple weeks ago and they also have a petition with over 3500 signatures.

Would it really be necessary to change the title of movie if it just HAPPENS to relate to certain traumatic events? For gosh sakes, the LOTR: TWO TOWERS title was created for the second book of the trilogy long before the thought of the WTC buildings.

I'm just interested in others opinions within our fields. (theatres and film)

|  IP: Logged

Gordon Hedges III

- posted 11-04-2002 04:40 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I did read the FAQ on this site and found it interesting that........ IT IS TRUE!!! WTF, and they positively think that they will win because a few of their members even helped stop the release of PHONE BOOTH due to the Maryland Sniper. Would they also be responsible for holding back COLLATERAL DAMAGE and BIG TROUBLE soon after Sept 11th? I don't think so. If they do win, what is their next target? The book title itself?

(slight rant... holding back for now)

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-04-2002 04:42 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You might find this interesting. Clickey here

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 11-04-2002 09:58 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I even wrote an e-mail to this website. Usually, I don`t do that. But I find this positively infuriating. The book and the movie have nothing to do with 9/11. Would we want to ban the expression "world trade"?
There are many more important things that could be done to help the victims of that catastrophy.
Frankly, I think those people are abusing the horror and suffering that this day has brought to many in order to get themselves undue attention.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2002 10:11 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Would we want to ban the expression "world trade"?

Actually, this wouldn't be such a bad idea!

=TMP=

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 11-04-2002 12:59 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What isn't a bad idea? Banning the expression "world trade"? Or Banning World Trade?

Trade between countries is kind of a necessity. Where would the US get its TV's?

Dave

Daniel Boisson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2002 01:28 PM      Profile for Daniel Boisson   Email Daniel Boisson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People are way too over sensative. That movie has nothing to do with September 11th.

------------------
3% Body Fat. 1% Brain Activity.

...A projectionist without a theatre...

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2002 03:31 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the World Trade Center was commonly referred to as the TWIN TOWERS not the Two Towers. There is a little bit of difference.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 11-04-2002 03:46 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed this site and they are no longer accepting email. Sounds like the bubble burst on this moron.

Dave

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 11-04-2002 04:43 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too. My e-mail was also rejected. Maybe they have a filter which rejects criticism. Yes, TWIN towers. Good point. Isn`t there a tower of Babylon in the bible which also collapsed. They will probably ban the bible next.
My point really is, I was also shocked by the events on 9/11. But I do not think this kind of action does justice to what happened on that day.
I really think these people are abusing the memory of that day for their petty crusade. To get themselves attention. But I already said that.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2002 05:17 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please visit my website to protest the travesty of "Return of the King"

Every one knows that Elvis is dead, and this title is insulting to all us fans.
The King provides us with comfort & inner peace as we sit by the phone waiting for Mr Right to finally call.

Please register your disapproval by visiting

www ihavenolifeandtendtobeoffendedbyeverythingdot com.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2002 11:10 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11.

I have one thing to say: what f*cking morons!! And yes, the World Trade Center was called the Twin Towers, not the Two Towers.

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 11-05-2002 12:27 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sme people just need lives, I mean really. Get off you damn computers and get a life. Sheesh!!

JJ

Gordon Hedges III

- posted 11-05-2002 12:58 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I JUST TYPED A WHOLE ENTRY AND IT WAS ERASED

Brad, sorry. I didn't realize there was already another topic related to this one. It was just brought to my attention and the sitetracker for the site listed that it started in mid-October.

David, cool comment on the "RETURN OF THE KING". But people would really be excited if it were related to ELVIS.

I know that lots of movie titles were changed for one reason or another, but I can't think of any right now. But would they change if it were related to major traumatic events (i.e. 9-11, Columbine shooting, Beltway Sniper)? Is it up to the producers or studios?

Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2002 01:05 AM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, the petition has been suspended apparently due to lack of maintainence by it's author ... surprise surprise! .... BUT, you gotta go and read some of the responses to this idiots 'cause' .... like this one apparently posted by God

(quote)

This is your Lord, God Almighty, your Father in Heaven. I have spoken personally to all of the victims of the 9-11 incident, and they all think that the movie title sounds "totally kick ass", and that anyone supporting this petition is a "fucking retard, the title was created 47 fucking years ago. stupid shit for brains." That is all. EXCELSIOR!!!

(end quote)

Ahhhh ... There was part of me that just knew there was a God!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: