Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » New forum changes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14 

Author Topic: New forum changes
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-18-2002 01:49 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone experiences problems with the new forum, please post here and be sure to describe the problem AND include the operating system you are using (Windows/Mac/etc) as well as the browser you are using (Internet Explorer 6/Netscape/etc).

There are a lot of new features this forum program will give us, and there are some very cool things coming soon. A HUGE thanks goes to Daryl C. W. O'Shea for dedicating so much time with coding! [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-18-2002 02:23 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl has it together. Good computer tech!

Brad, the new facelift looks great. However, I had to dump the cookies in IE-6 with Win 2000 to get past the "no bookmarking allowed" screen. Then everything ran fine for both Oprah and IE.

I do miss the border between the picture of the poster and his/her text. It looks a little off-balance without that. You guys did an excellent job in the new facelift.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-18-2002 02:41 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:thompson:

Ooops! [Eek!] I bet Paul's going to take that back.

Add it to the things to do. At least you've got new ones to play with in the meantime.

- I thought I was going to bed... [sleep]

Lionel Fouillen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2002 03:21 AM      Profile for Lionel Fouillen   Email Lionel Fouillen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I do miss the border between the picture of the poster and his/her text. It looks a little off-balance without that. You guys did an excellent job in the new facelift.
Agree with all that. And I love these new icons [sex] [puke]

The only real problem: my picture disappeared. I'm using WinXP/IE6 but I think it was probably mistakingly deleted...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-18-2002 03:45 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Your picture is showing here Lionel.

By the way, with all of the converting and transferring and re-coding (manually I might add) of member pictures, it is entirely possible that some people's pictures won't show up because I made a typo or forgot to upload something. If this happens, just let me know.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 11-18-2002 03:46 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fixed it.

Carl Martin's is missing too.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-18-2002 03:46 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Way cool, guys! Great job! [thumbsup]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-18-2002 03:47 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you were going to sleep an hour and a half ago! So much for sleep, eh? It's overrated anyway.

Already searched for Carl's. I don't seem to have it anywhere.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 11-18-2002 03:48 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting my weekend in now. [Big Grin]

Now it's definetely time to go to sleep if I want to make a class before noon.

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2002 04:41 AM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I Login on IE6 w/ Windows ME the message "you are not logged in" still appears after clicking the link. Still, when I post, I don't have to sign in.

However, this is not an issue with Opera 6.05. Everything's fine and dandy.

I've also just noticed I am member number 666 [evil]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-18-2002 04:56 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The idea of logging in is so that you can log in once, and then do anything you need on the forums without having to mess with it again. If you have a static IP address, you can log in once and forget about it (at least until you reboot your computer).

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2002 05:08 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, it looks fine.
Would it be an idea to post a list of the number of users country by country? I'm curious to know how many nations are represented here.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-18-2002 05:12 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's asking for a huge pain of a script. The only way to do something like that would be to search out each member's profiles, and not everyone's location is entered the same. So even if it could be done, I doubt it would be that accurate.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 11-18-2002 05:30 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all works fine here. BTW, a previous glitch appears to have gone. Using IE6 with service pack 1 running under Windows 2K service pack 3, you used to have to press 'refresh' when a topic displayed after entering or editing a post. It now updates automatically.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-18-2002 07:23 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far, everything seems fine. The "sig" files seemed to have vanished though.

On Netscape 4.7 the reply window goes on longer than my screen (width wise). On IE it fits nicely. (These are running on a PC Win98SE)

A feature I would like is, instead of the topic started but the last post by column.

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: