Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » PayPal merchant account information requested

Author Topic: PayPal merchant account information requested
Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-19-2002 10:42 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone here used PayPal to collect payments or donations online?

An organization I'm affiliated with wants to collect donations on their website, but doesn't want to purchase a regular merchant account and SSL certificate for the webserver along with the associated annual service fees. The group is not yet a 501(c)(3), but wants to raise funds to become such.

I understand there is an x% + $y fee per transaction for this. I just want to know if there were any problems (particularly, retrieving the funds) and if they were resolved appropriately.

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 11-19-2002 10:45 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've used PayPal to both buy and sell many times (mostly on ebay), and never had any trouble. There are some PayPal horror stories though, but I think they are very few and far between. Note that Ebay recently purchased PayPal (or is it x.com) which probably adds some credibility to PayPal. When I withdraw funds, it's direct-deposited to a checking account, which I think they say takes up to 3 business days. It's never taken more than 3 days for me to get my money.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-19-2002 11:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use it on E-bay all the time to get and send payments. Never a glitch with it. Transfers from your bank are a bit on the slow side though. Allow 3 to 4 working days for these to complete. I also read someplace that E-bay recently bought Paypal.
Mark @ CLACO

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-19-2002 11:29 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my father's aircraft companies uses it to sell new old stock on ebay. So far they have had no problems with PayPal transferring the appropriate funds. You're correct about the fees.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: