Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » President Bush

Author Topic: President Bush
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-20-2002 09:32 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a picture I thought was quite funny.

-

I wonder if this was a "doctored" photo. If it was, I can't tell the difference. If it is indeed an actual picture from a newspaper, I am sure President Bush got a laugh out of it, too.

He probably said, "How come I don't see anything?" [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2002 10:08 PM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [eyes]

A nice & silly snapshot! [Wink]

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2002 02:14 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The real funny part is...after he complained about not seeing anything, he had huge black rings around his eyes. [evil]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 11-21-2002 09:02 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found some other original images (so someone likely doctored it, or it was taken before the President took off the lens caps):

-

-

Moral of the story, pictures CAN lie (especially digital ones!). [Roll Eyes]

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 11-21-2002 09:17 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be that he tried to look and didn't see anything and then took the lens caps off? Happens all the time.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-21-2002 12:45 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Manny. That's probably what happened.

Humans are humans. [Smile]

Aaron Haney
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2002 06:08 PM      Profile for Aaron Haney   Email Aaron Haney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snopes has a page on this, but lists the status as "undetermined".

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 11-21-2002 08:59 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure seems like the photographer took the first photo as soon as Bush put the binoculars to his eyes without realizing the lens caps were on (happens to all of us). The other pictures show that he took off the lens caps.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-21-2002 09:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John P. Said "Moral of the story, pictures CAN lie (especially digital ones!)."
John, You're right....how do we even know that is really George Bush, and or that he was really there. Al Gore woulda fit the picture better [puke] !
Mark

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-21-2002 09:49 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Common courtesy would dictate (I presume) that if someone handed someone a pair of binoculars, the hander would at least remove the covers before handing it to the handee, especially in a setting as serious as this one could have been. Seems to me, some protocol might have been ignored.

Probably nobody will really know (except the president and the two others along with the photographer) if the binoculars were handed to the president immediately before he started peering through them.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 11-22-2002 01:32 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I don't agree with some of the "sentiment" in this, but I have to admit it's funny. [Big Grin]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 12:11 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHA! It would be funnier if it was "Directed by George W. Bush" and was filmed with the lens cap on. [Big Grin]

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: