Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Optical Illusions

Author Topic: Optical Illusions
Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 01:19 AM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this one out:

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/optical_sabotage.asp

|  IP: Logged

Gordon Hedges III
Jealous of everyone not me

- posted 11-22-2002 01:31 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHOA!!! DUDE!!! [Eek!]

That was so cool [thumbsup]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 01:43 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

My friend has a spinny circle thing you put on the table that's the same as that last one. Not as scary as this one tho!

=TMP=

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-22-2002 01:44 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!

Here is one you can try in a restaurant....stare at the paddle fans on the ceiling, and if your sight hits it just right, it appears that the fan is running backwards. Blink your eyes, and it is running in the correct direction. [eyes]

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 02:53 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is because your eyes can only "see" x times per second, so that when a certain speed is reached you see the spokes at 0 then 30 then 60 degrees etc.
As seen on 1000 westerns

Lionel Fouillen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 04:10 AM      Profile for Lionel Fouillen   Email Lionel Fouillen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fell in a trap like that months ago at work. Everyone in the office jumped when I screamed. This morning, with the stuff on the above link, I was quietly enjoying a cup of tea when viewing it, and I jumped so violently that my tea is now covering the keyboard, the phone, the desk and the wall to the right of my desk. Fortunately, the Deskjet and the camcorder weren't hit. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Well, let's calm down.
[beer]

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 11-22-2002 04:06 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wondered if something like that would happen!

Scared the crap outta me! And then I laughed like I haven't laughed in a long, long time.

I don't usually email jokes or chain mail, but that one was an exception.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 12:33 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you hit the "send this to a friend" button at the end, the resulting window has "Don't bookmark this you bastard" in the title bar. Funny ! [Smile]

Joshua Lott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 02:47 AM      Profile for Joshua Lott   Author's Homepage   Email Joshua Lott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved this... I read the replies before I checked the site out. I was thinking ok... I am prepared... I Am Not going to jump...

Guess What?!??!

I jumped. [Big Grin]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-23-2002 12:30 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bah!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: