Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » A Very Non-Sync Christmas!

Author Topic: A Very Non-Sync Christmas!
Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 11-22-2002 03:17 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, what songs and/or artists would you put on a Christmas CD for the Non-Sync system?

I'm fond of classics like Nat "King" Cole ("The Christmas Song") and The Andrews Sisters ("Christmas Island")...

...But I also like newer stuff like Mariah Carey ("All I Want For Christmas Is You") and almost any track from the original "A Very Special Christmas" album -- especially the U2 version of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)."

A few years back, a Christian group called 4-Him released a song called "A Strange Way To Save The World." I believe Michael Crawford also covered this song.

The Chipmunk Song ("Christmas Don't Be Late") would be cute for the kids, too.

Are you playing anything special for the holiday season?

|  IP: Logged

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 03:45 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about songs from the NSYNC Christmas album for Non-Sync? (I'm surprised nobody beat me to that one.)

I like the classics, done by the people who made the songs famous. I should compile a list of my favorites. The order should be randomized rather than being played in this order, of course.

This is what I'd start with (my first cut):

(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays -- Perry Como -- 1954, 1959 (2 versions)

All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) -- Spike Jones

Blue Christmas -- Elvis Presley (1964)

Christmas at Ground Zero -- Weird Al Yankovic

Christmas in Dixie -- Alabama (1982)

Feliz Navidad -- Jose Feliciano (1970)

Frosty the Snowman -- Jimmy Durante (1950)

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer -- Elmo and Patsy (1979)

Here Comes Santa Claus (Down Santa Claus Lane) -- Gene Autry

I'll Be Home For Christmas -- Johnny Mathis

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas -- Johnny Mathis

Jingle Bell Rock -- Bobby Helms (1957)

Jingle Bells -- Singing Dogs (1955)

Mary's Boy Child -- Harry Belefonte (the stereo full-length version) (1956)

Nuttin' for Christmas -- Barry Gordon

O Little Town of Bethlehem -- Bobby Rivers Comedy Group (to the tune of House of the Rising Sun!!)

Parade of the Wooden Soldiers -- Crystals (from the Phil Spector Christmas album 1963?)

Please Come Home for Christmas -- Charles Brown (1961)

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree -- Brenda Lee (1960)

Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer -- Gene Autry (1949 -- original 1949 version only please)

Santa Baby -- Eartha Kitt (1953 -- 10 times better than Madonna's half-hearted rendition from a few years back)

Santa Claus is Watching You -- Ray Stevens (Original 1963 full-length album version only please!!!)

Silent Night -- Bing Crosby (1935)

Silver Bells -- Ray Connif Singers

The Chipmunk Song -- Chipmunks with David Seville (1958)

The Christmas Song -- Nat King Cole

The Little Drummer Boy -- Harry Simeone Chorale

The Little Drummer Boy -- Johnny Cash (1959)

Twelve Days of Christmas -- Bob and Doug McKenzie

White Christmas -- Bing Crosby (1942)

White Christmas -- Drifters (1953)

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 09:52 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But NOT Snoopy's Bloody Christmas please.

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 04:20 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep , every Christmas "Snoppy" goes to No1 on the charts [Mad]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 11:37 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One year, Regal's TRN featured the Country hit: "Santa looks a lot like Daddy (and daddy looks a lot like him)" [Big Grin]

Dunno if this was "Demographic-based" but our town was near a rural area.
=TMP=

Jennifer Osborne
Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2002 11:50 AM      Profile for Jennifer Osborne   Email Jennifer Osborne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy X-Mas War Is Over - John Lennon

At least it's sort of christmas-y i don't know about the war part

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2002 09:34 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One year, Regal's TRN featured the Country hit: "Santa looks a lot like Daddy (and daddy looks a lot like him)"
Buck Owens and the Buckaroos, 1965 !

If you're going to put that in, you might as well add:

Will Santy Come to Shanty Town, Eddy Arnold, December 1949

Just please don't put that "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time" song that I hear a million times every Christmas! Ugh! I think it's "Wonderful Christmastime", Paul McCartney, 1979, 1984.

Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2002 03:36 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dr. Demento's collection of Christmas tunes,plus the Twisted Tunes version of Christmas songs.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: