Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Truckers being followed & having their lives threatened (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Truckers being followed & having their lives threatened
Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 05:45 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard last night on Art Bell's show that truckers throughout the states & Canada are being followed & having their lives threatened. Art mentioned that truckers in 18 wheelers are being harassed,followed & receiving death threats over the CB even though they have not done anything wrong at all to deserve this.
Why this is happening,I don't know but someone on this site should notify the FBI & other authorities about this.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-22-2002 06:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, this is definitely our responsibility to notify the federal government on this issue. Theater exhibitionists are ALWAYS responsible for things like this because we are the ONLY people who ever watch the news and the FBI and the police have no idea whatsoever that this is happening.

I think I can say without even bringing it to a vote that the members of the Film-Tech community unanimously vote YOU Matthew to call up the FBI and alert them to what is happening. Please be sure to report back to us after you have done so.

Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 08:41 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have notified the FBI via their official website.
I did not give out my e mail or any futher personal information
due to the fact that I would risk being threatened with harm or harmed as a result.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-22-2002 09:04 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you notified them via some unmonitored, unlogged, public computer. Because if you did it from home you know they've got you... it wouldn't be too hard to match your IP to your ISP's records and then verify you with all that handy info sent in the HTTP header and readily available via the %ENV variables.

I personally nominate YOU, Matthew Bailey, to start a lobby group to bring the due attention to this matter.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 11-22-2002 11:31 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Art Bell is hilarious! He takes anything that anyone calls in with so deadly serious, no matter how far-fetched. I don't see how he does some of that stuff without cracking up.

I think Phil Hendrie stole his act -- only Phil is forthcoming about it. [Smile]

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 11:48 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew:
Quick... if you're reading this it means they know where you are. Turn your computer off and hide. THey're after you.. it's a film-tech conspiracy... It's happening becuase they think that we, as exhibitors, have some sort of "mind-control" over the rest of the mindless minions in society... that's it.. it's got to be....I think I hear someone watching me.. are they watching you as well Matthew?

[Confused] [Eek!] [eyes] [puke]

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 11:57 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mathew,
Dont let these guys mess with you. But first let me say that you need to take a break, get laid, have some fun and then report it. [Smile] [dlp] [beer]
By the way, who the hell is Art Bell?

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-23-2002 01:07 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam, Art Bell is one of those syndicated talk shows. Radio talk shows really helps the ratings....

The more talk shows the broadcasting industry puts on the air, the more money the radio stations make. Talk formats are getting very popular, and have been for quite some time. [Smile]

We would like to run talk format, but the big stations south of us won't let us.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-23-2002 06:31 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lordy, Lordy, who the heck on this forum listens to Chuck Bell? He's more like Dumb Bell!
I drive on the average anyplace from 20,000 to 40,000 miles a year and I can honestly say that MANY truck drivers do not belong behind the wheel. They should all have to go through the same psyco testing that Airline pilots receive before they can fly, if they did, none of them would pass! There are courteous truckers out there too but for every courteous one there are at least ten reckless ones. Perhaps these threats are due to these reckless truckers.....In that case, the FBI should also be making threats to these truckers as well [fu] !
Mark

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-23-2002 06:59 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul -- how can other stations prevent yours from running talk shows? Is it just that all the good syndicated shows have been bought for your market, or is there some other kind of (political?) issue with them?

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 11:34 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the first time I listened to Phil Hendrie. He had a "guest" on there who kept indicating that he is a Gay man and a Gay journalist and has a Gay Seventh Sense and through this Gay sense, he knows that "Tina will win Survivor" (whichever season that was)

People, naturally, took it seriously, called in and were APPALED that he would even SUGGEST that Tina will win Survivor. He assured them that it was because he was Gay and had this Gay Seventh Sense. It was hillarious.

To top it all off, that night, Tina indeed won Survivor.

=TMP=
At least, I THINK her name was Tina. It's the first time I ever watched Survivor, too. [Smile]

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2002 12:08 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew:

Why are you so paranoid? Like having your email address will allow anyone to track you. Most email addresses may as well be anonymous nowadays anyways (hotmail, yahoo, etc.). Why would the FBI come after you? By making that statement, you are inferring that the FBI is the one making these threats, if notifying them that you know about it would cause you personal harm.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-23-2002 12:14 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't matter at this point anyway. I'm sure the FBI has seen this thread by now and knows how to track Matthew down.

Matthew, trust nobody! Run and hide while you still can. The FEDS are looking for you. [eyes]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-23-2002 12:24 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, this is an edit. Lot of it comes down to marketing. It can be a very delicate balance to satisfy the listener's needs.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-23-2002 12:36 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, didn't you register a whole bunch of FBI agents to use the forums just last night? Hmmm... things are starting to make a bit more sense now...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: