Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » 70mm In York. Update

Author Topic: 70mm In York. Update
Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2002 07:59 AM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a plug for my 70mm projects here in York. (U.K)
Repeat Screening of 'Lawrence of Arabia' 15th Dec 12.30pm
'My Fair Lady' Late January 2003
A season of BLow-ups in Febuary/March
'2001' when the print is back in the U.K
More dates when i get confirmed bookings

Darren

|  IP: Logged

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-02-2002 03:29 AM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A season of BLow-ups in Febuary/March
May I ask what titles are scheduled to be shown?

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-04-2002 05:29 PM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meaning 35mm to 70mm blow-ups,
As York has a large student population, they will be normall screened as Saturday Late nigth films and then agin on the Sunday afternoon as part of double bills we hope.
Titles like...
The Right Stuff
Top Gun
GhostBusters
Die Hard
Alien Triolgy
Back to the Futre 2 and 3
Edward Scissor Hands
Batman
Lots of others are still listed by the distibutors here in the U.K.

Other sunday shows we want to do...
The Mission
Out of Africa
Far and Away (65mm original)
Magnificent Men in there Flying Machines
Hello Dolly
The Big Blue
2001 (probably will be on for a week run)

So lots of plans for showing as much 70mm as possibly now i spent 10 months gathering parts and installing it.
If anynone wants to look a an artical on my installation here in York, go to the www.in70mm.com website, loads of more interesting stuff there and listings of 70mm screenings that are happening in europe.

Darren

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2002 03:39 PM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'The Right Stuff' 26th January 2003

Darren

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: