Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Poetry in (very slow) motion

Author Topic: Poetry in (very slow) motion
Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-05-2002 06:34 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An poet from Whitley Bay (near Newcastle, in north-east England) has been given £2,000 of public arts subsidy to paint words from one of her poems onto the backs of sheep. Here is the story.

I suppose there are worse things she could have done to those sheep, but Whitley Bay is on the wrong side of the Severn Bridge for that!

It's good to see that our taxes are being spent wisely... [puke]

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2002 07:23 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IT MAKES ME [puke] THE [bs] THEASE HALFWITS SPEND OUR MONEY ON.

THEY NEED A GOOD [sex]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 12-05-2002 09:21 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who would you say needs the good err... you know? The sheep, the poet or whoever decided to give her the two grand? [Wink]

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2002 12:17 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bicycling through the English Lake District (alternating rain and sun every ten minutes) I noticed many of the sheep had large dye marks in red or blue, one to each. Never found out if it designated the sex of the sheep, or it's owner's mark, or whether it had been dipped, or what. Anyone know?

As for kooky places for posting poems, how about the seventeen movie marquees along 42nd Street awaiting replacement of the closed theatres by the Times Square upgrading committee? Haiku were
posted in regular giant letters, reflecting New York philosophical thoughts both profound, humorous and silly, from a number of local poets. Kind of freaked out those expecting film titles there!

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2002 04:23 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would the mark have been on their backs?

If so, during "tupping" the ram has a dye pack attached to it's chest to show how many ewes he has serviced.

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2002 04:32 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So YES you could say the sheep has been dipped!! [sex]

or as we like to refer to paying taxes.... well and truly f.....

did I really say that!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: