Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Dave Williams: Back from the dead...

Author Topic: Dave Williams: Back from the dead...
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-18-2002 01:16 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!!!

Dave is back and alive [thumbsup] ... too bad for you eh?

I took an unexpected sabbatical to deal with some personal issues, so my apologies.

I have a lot to catch up with I see. I will try and destroy you all as soon as I can. [evil]

Dave [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 12-19-2002 12:08 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave....you look different? Are you sure it is really you? Is it true that the aliens that picked you up have bug eyes? Did it hurt when they stuck you with the needle.

I must say "Welcome Back!" Please go a read every post you missed while away. [Smile]

Mark: That an easy question to answer. A new Darryl is created before your eyes with every five [beer] [beer] 's you down. Now if the truth be known, I get to see a Darryl's beautiful sister with every two 'Maartini's". Now you tell me who would you rather be?

Oh! yes Dave and Bill can be the judges. And with a name like Bill we will let him take the check. [Wink]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-19-2002 08:39 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying desperately to read all these posts. Good thing I have nothing but time on my hands right now. Well that and boobies.

Dave [evil]

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 12-19-2002 08:57 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Back!!!

Sorry it's time for last call.

Got to save the martini's

Bill [Big Grin]

Bob is lurking around for martini's. watch out!!!! [beer]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-19-2002 09:33 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! I've seen him in person many times and I'm not even sure its him either.......
Is this what becomming an Insurance man does to a person? Dave, I think we need to go and have a few beers, then go on a mad rampage driving down the Main Street Plaza. That'll be a good lesson for some insurance company......
Mark

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-19-2002 09:42 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The picture is a bit washed out, maybe I will work on that a bit.

It is actually my horribly dead looking publicity photo that did bad in both pre and post production. [puke]

I think I will have my agent fire my photographer! [evil]

I think hitting the town for some [beer] is a great idea. Will have to get back to you when I am up for it. Still recovering from that foot crushing back in May this year. May need some major reconstructive surgery.

Hey you can push me around in a wheelchair! [thumbsup] Just don't throw me in front of traffic without a helmet. [evil]

Dave

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-19-2002 11:30 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,
Actually that photo may be from past-production, or even pre-prequel- production, or someplace before, or after around there. we are still not sure that you are really you anyway. At any rate it looks like a Polaroid or something. Let me know if ya need a lift down to Brewvies or something.... [beer]
Hey....I once had an employee named Darryl, but we [eyes] were never sure if it was Darryl, or Darryl's cousin Darryl that was showing up for work [Confused] . Both looked identical for that matter [sleep] , and both had the same exact abilities too [sleep] .....oh well......perhaps Bob Marr could clear that one up once and for all.....
Mark

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 12-20-2002 03:02 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it actually legal to drink alcoholic beverages in Utah?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-20-2002 04:43 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know there were alcoholic bevereges in Utah.... [Wink]
Yes, of course there are....things are diluted down a bit though as to alcohol content. Dave and I have had this running gag thing on here for about two years now about going to Brewvies(a local cinema draft house) for a few beers. I basically don't drink very much in the line of alcoholic beverredges if any at all over a years time, and I don't think Dave does either. However, one good thing to come out of Utah's alcohol policies are that there are far fewer drunk drivers arrested in Utah than any other state. For that alone the lesser alcohol content control is worth having. There are those that make their own Beer and wine to get around this control though.
Mark

Bob Maar

- posted 12-20-2002 11:15 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the edit to above post.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2002 11:27 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does beer have a lower alcohol content there as well? Do you happen to know the alcohol regulations? I am just curious. I think I had a few bottles of beer in Utah, some from the New Belgium Brewery in Colorado, which I might add, might be the best US beer I have ever sampled.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 12-20-2002 12:07 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dave and I have had this running gag thing on here for about two years now about going to Brewvies(a local cinema draft house) for a few beers.
What do you mean by this? That you don`t plan to ever actually meet Dave?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-20-2002 07:33 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,
Actually Dave and I have installed booths together for his past employer, so yes, Dave and I have spent much time together. Actually neither of us really drink and thats really the gag but only some locals are privy to that info anyway. Actually Brewvies has great food besides the beer and drinks plus the films to see. Here is their link: http://www.brewvies.com/

About the only time I might have a beer or two is at Showest.
As far as the booze laws here in Utah stand today, it is all controled by the Mormons and to good results IMHO. Don't know the alcoholic content of a bottle of beer offhand but I am told it takes alot more bottles to get sloshed than in neighboring Wyoming. On the brighter side we have many microbrewerys here that make some of the best beer in the world....yes, I have sampled a few of them in the 5 years I've been out here! Polygamy Porter is one of the better ones IMHO........How could a brewery with this slogan be bad....."We Drink Our Share.......And Sell The Rest"......
Check out http://www.wasatchbeers.com/pages/beers.html
Mark
P.S. Wasatch Brewery ships the high octane, full strength beer out of its California warehouse.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-22-2002 03:23 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I remember that install. I remember wiring up a platter while it was running a movie with me under it.

I drink very little, but when I do, I drink ONLY Mikes Hard Lemonade. I have on average about one bottle every three days, just to keep me from going buggers and shooting mormons in a barrel. Sometimes I will go months or years without a drink, and during that time you can find me ranting and raving about just about everyone to just about everyone, most frequently in the SALT LAKE TRIBUNE, as they love to publish my work whenever I get buggered.

Actually I am mormon too, so its like fish shooting other fish, that is if a fish could hold on to a rifle long enough with all them other fish runnind around with thier missionary haircuts and name tags and pretty black suits.....

I need a beer... [beer]

The alcohol content of non spirited drinks or beers that are sold through grocery stores, pubs, or other licenced entities is 3.2 percent by volume or 4 percent by weight.

There are no content restrictions on private clubs, however you must be a member or a guest with an accompanying member, or a mormon with a temple reccomend card.

Certain resteraunts may serve beer and wine with meals, as long as the content is not greater than 10 percent. They may serve higher content drinks if they bar children from the areas in which alcohol is served, or bar them completely from the premises, but does not have to be a private club, in which you must be a member. Missionaries get a ten percent discount.

In a resteraunt, your server may not be able to tell you what alcohol they have or thier prices if they are under 21, and must get a designated server that provides the alcohol upon presentation of your state drivers licence or state i.d. The alcohol server gets better looking throughout the evening.

In restaraunts where alcohol is served, your server is taxed at a rate of 8 percent of your total bill, whether you get alcohol or not. This is what the state refers to as the GART tax, or the General Ass Reaming Time tax.

You cannot get an entire bottle of any spirit that is rated at higher than 10 percent, unless you purchase it at the state owned and regulated liqour store. You must otherwise purchase it by the drink, and don't bother asking for a double, you might not get it, unless of course you are a mormon bishop and the person serving you is one of your counselors, and in which case he would be so required to give it to you.

Utah has the highest restrictions on pub and club owners in the entire US. If you are a club or pub owner, and someone is caught drunk while driving, and causes damages as a result, you the owner are responsible, even if he or she only recieved one drink from your bar. There is a one hour per drink time limit, so if the driver paid for and drank eight drinks, for eight hours from the last drink purchased, your bar or pub is liable for all damages, unless he or she goes to another bar and gets more to drink, in which case you get to share liability. This is what the call the DRAM-SHOP law, or the Drunken Retard Ass Monkey Slammed His car into an Old Person law.

really though, I love the tight laws we have here regarding liqour. It keeps Mark and I from actually going through with a drunken rampage of disaster, destruction, lust and looting of the Great Salt Lake Valley of Utah.

Dave

[thumbsup]

Bob Maar

- posted 12-22-2002 07:21 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. Mark, Dave, Michael I have a secret to share but please keep it between the four of us. I consume enough "Gin" in an evening to satisfy the thirst of all the Mormon's in Utah. hic. [Eek!]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: