Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What Happened to Phil Hill? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What Happened to Phil Hill?
Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-29-2002 03:34 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last I knew, we were all waiting to hear his secret for retaining a youthful appearance, as his photo belied his industry experience.

Hope we didn't make him mad. [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 12-30-2002 02:16 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard from Phil about six weeks or a little longer.He was taking care of his Dad who had undergone a heart operation, I believe he is in Texas.

I miss him he added a lot to the forums.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-30-2002 02:30 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the news, Bob. I agree. I quite enjoyed Phil's discussion of his experience with Panavision, among others.

Hope his dad pulls through okay, that's a tough time. I wish them the best.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 01-06-2003 07:12 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received a note from Phil this morning. He has been going back and forth from California and Texas. He will be getting back to posting eventually.

TIM - No Mention

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-06-2003 12:36 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bob! That's good to know. Did he mention how his dad is doing?

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-11-2003 04:02 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
To All:

I'm sorry, but I've been outta contact and, no Tim, you guys didn't make me mad. I don't get mad, I get even! HHAhahahhaa J/K!

While it's true that particular photo belies my "current" looks, I thought it appropriate as it's the one I use on the sex-dating sites.

Seriously, that was the only pic I had at hand at the time Brad asked for them. All my "stuff", and I do mean all, is packed away and in storage while I remodel my house. Unfortunately because of some personal issues, I've put the remodel
project on hold for the last year or so and have been spending a lot of time in Texas.

Until I can post a "current" picture of me, you can sorta get a mind's-eye of me by looking at that picture and doubling my age, weight, and body fat…and "cuteness". Actually, that picture was taken in Vietnam in 1969 so you might have to almost, but not quite, triple my age... and Ummm, don't double the other stuff, I was just kidding… but add about 30 pounds! The only thing that still is the same is, of course, my good looks! ***AND***, I "still" have all my hair and teeth!

To squelch the speculation on my "history" (Tim & John!), I finally posted my bio in the "Who The Heck Are You" thread. I hated to do this, but the peer pressure was getting to be too much to bare! [Smile]

I sincerely appreciate all the email good wishes for me and my dad from my many friends on here and I'm looking forward to meeting more of yous.

My dad is doing good right now and I am home in Hollywood right now. I will be traveling back to Texas in a few days for another stint.

Sincerely,

>>> Phil

P.S. Heya Brad, I am truly sorry that I have been unable to check out those reflector color temps as we discussed. I know I'm a jerk as I have no idea as to when I can get to them. I sincerely apologize. >>> Phil

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 02-11-2003 04:16 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on your detailed description it is easy to imagine how you look like now. I just have to picture you looking like Tim.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-11-2003 04:30 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Heya Michael,
Not quite like Tim, BUT a whole lot cuter! [Smile]

>>> Phil

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 08:52 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Phil!! [Big Grin]

Your forum pic looks like you've had a few tokes with that Dell Computers kid. (see thread: "Dude, you're going to Jail!") [Wink]

=TMP=

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-11-2003 10:21 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm, Ah, Hmmmmm..... thanks Tom. Is that a 10K in your hand or are you just glad to see me? [Wink]

>>> Phil

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-11-2003 06:52 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Heeeeyyy, Phil! Welcome back. Glad to hear you and your father are doing better.

Thanks for the bio posting, I'll have to check it out for sure. I guess the jury will be out on that "cuter" business, though... we'll have to wait for your "updated" photo (and a more-recent pix of myself). [Wink] [Big Grin]

Michael, go to your room. [Razz]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-11-2003 09:29 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tom looks like you've had more than a few tokes yourself. I do imagine you as the son of John Pytlak since you both have nearly identical last names (that's all that matters) and both have *blitzed* expressions in your photos. [Smile]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-11-2003 09:47 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're not blitzed --- just wide-eyed with wonder. [Smile]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-12-2003 12:00 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blitzed. Your pic was taken at the ShoWest Film-Tech drink where it was reported that you consumed two bottles of tequilla by yourself and downed 7 shots of vodka. [Smile]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 06:57 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rumors! Just [beer] with photos to prove it. And I didn't have to drive back to Bally's, just make it alive staggering across Flamingo Road! [Wink]

That tequilla incident was in 1977 at the Churubusco Lab party in Mexico City when I was less "mature". Must have been the altitude. [Wink]

[ 02-12-2003, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: John Pytlak ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: