Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Adam Martin and Scott Neff @ The Rialto (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Adam Martin and Scott Neff @ The Rialto
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2003 07:11 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam Martin and Scott Neff were kind enough to stop by the Rialto Cinemas Lakeside during their tour of Sonoma County cinemas. We had a pleasent chat and I think they left happy.

-

Adam Martin and Scott Neff sitting in Ian Price's office at the Rialto Cinemas Lakeside.

They were last seen heading to Cinemas West's Sabastopol 9 to see the two new stadium seating auditoriums.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-05-2003 07:47 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could meet Ian.

Jeff Skallan
Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2003 09:52 PM      Profile for Jeff Skallan   Email Jeff Skallan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian,
You have to be careful using auditorium seats in your office. I know from experience just how comfy they get while working long days. [Smile]

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-06-2003 03:12 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap ... look at the size of my feet in that photo! (Insert your own joke here)

After Sebastopol, we went to the new AMC Bay Street 16 in Emeryville. Very nice 1920's art deco decor inside, but not all that great on the presentation. The flat film was slightly out of frame and the trailers were filthy. The image bounced all over the screen really bad and the digital (probably SDDS) dropped out at every trailer. At least they didn't use opaque tape. Scott says the projection package was by Strong, but I was too busy taking photos and avoiding security to go look for myself.

The seats were different in that the seat bottoms were fixed and did not flip up, but they were comfortable. The auditorium we were in (#16, 108 seats) was entered through a little tunnel that led to the midway point in the auditorium and there was a cross aisle that was where all of the good seats should have been for stadium seating, about 1.25 screen heights back. Since I like my films to fill my peripheral vision (you know, an Imax thing) we sat in the back row of the front section, which was about one row too close for flat but probably okay for scope since they used top masking in this room.

We had nachos and after the first container of cheese was cold, the second try was not enough to make it through the whole tray of chips. $1.75 for a second helping of cheese.

Adaptation was a great film, presentation aside.

I'll post a link here as soon as I get a photo tour built on Cinematour.

(Thanks for the Rialto tour and the souvenirs, Ian! [thumbsup] )

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-06-2003 03:33 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Adam...the bigger the platforms the easier it is to balance.. [Big Grin]

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 01-06-2003 06:53 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam said: "Holy crap ... look at the size of my feet in that photo!" (Well, Adam you know what they say about big feet!) [Big Grin]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 01-06-2003 05:40 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Adam, want to get together sometime??? [Razz] J/K, can't say that stuff anymore, I'm married!

Anyway, I am convinced that Adam and my husband are long lost brothers...
 -
In person, Anthony looks exactly like Adam's picture, this probably isn't the best picture to compare them by, but its what I have.

Bob Maar

- posted 01-06-2003 06:09 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel,

If you let me know both of their shoe sizes, I will stop eating your cats and hampster's. Then I will help you with your decision. [Wink]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 01-06-2003 06:37 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know Adams shoe size, never met him. Personal facts like that are up to him to divulge! [evil]

Adam Martin

- posted 01-06-2003 07:36 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
It's 10-1/2. [Wink]

I'm planning on coming to New England later this year, but I don't know when yet. I'll make sure you know ahead of time so we can hook up. Maybe Bob can come up from the city and bring us some Maartinis. [Cool]

Bob Maar

- posted 01-06-2003 08:23 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam....

I not only will come up from the "City" but I also have Dig's in Newport, R.I. with a full service Maartini bar. One problem, people who drink with me, awake with tiny feet. [Smile]

What do you think, Rachel?

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 01-06-2003 09:24 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds Great! Too bad I don't drink! [beer] I'll have to drag along my other New England FT buddy's, my hubby Anthony and Sean McKinnon. I even bet Scott Norwood would join us! [thumbsup]

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 01-06-2003 10:11 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me know when and where and I will stop by. Especially if Bob will be there to tell jokes. [Smile]

Adam Martin

- posted 01-06-2003 11:10 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah ... Norwood owes me one for going to Atlanta when he knew I was coming to Boston last year!

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2003 01:31 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im more than game sounds like a ton if fun im gonna call and invite my buddy Mr. Chuck Norris only if thats ok with Bob [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: