Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Dodge Offers 500-Hp Concept Motorcycle (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Dodge Offers 500-Hp Concept Motorcycle
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-06-2003 10:11 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Dodge Cycle Batman! Robin, This would beat the crap out of the Bat Cycle......Look at that 500 hp Viper V-10 engine, and those tires.
What I want to know is this.......and having owned a Crotch Rocket in past years............
How the heck would one hold on to this thing........400 mph.......now thats faster than even the UHP radio system can go. This would really speed up emergency service calls.
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-06-2003 11:18 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, if a war does break out in Iraq and the oil fields are leveled by Sodamned Insane and things go badly for us and Saudi collapses, gasoline might shoot up to 5 bucks a gallon (so the local news rag says)

Maybe we should make some moonshine to power that Batboy Bike. [Big Grin]

Chris Rhode
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2003 11:20 PM      Profile for Chris Rhode   Email Chris Rhode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a link to a story about this? I would be very interested in reading about this. I saw a webpage a while back that showcased a crotch rocket that was powered by a freakin' gas turbine engine!!! The blasted thing cost somewhere around $150k!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-06-2003 11:34 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry! I did mean to post it. Enjoy...its a bit over 250K to buy......for some reason or other I think we will be seeing this in the next Bond flick.....

Click this URL that was so long that I had to have it edited for me

Mark
P.S. I have owned a Harley for the last 5 years....sort of makes me feel left in the dust reading that story.......

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2003 09:02 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not sure if why dodge is doing this. Suzuki already has a Huyabusa 1300 that is 187+ mph of the showroom floor for 13k. And that is electronically limited, the Suzuki rep told me at a seminar when I was working at a dealership that they go well over 200 mph when a couple of wires are disconnected (there is a box under the seat that has a module that limits top speed).

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2003 09:12 AM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that thing gets good gas mileage as I don't see a fuel tank big enough to support that big of an engine.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2003 09:50 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was at a car show about two months ago in Watertown, and someone had a motorcycle called a "BOSS HOSS", that had a big block V8 Corvette Engine in it. It was built by a custom bike shop here in the states. Boss Hoss Cycles

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2003 09:56 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul T said ," gasoline might shoot up to 5 bucks a gallon "

Or what we already pay in the UK 74pence a litre ,£3.30 a UK gallon [Mad] [Frown]

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2003 04:23 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out the Britten
http://www.britten.co.nz/

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-07-2003 06:58 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
500 horsepower motorcycle? Zero to pulverized death in 1.09 seconds.

Phew! Motorcycles are scary enough, why does one need the horsepower of a truck?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-07-2003 09:45 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What SHOULD happen is that Bob Marr ride into Showest on this thing!!
Mark

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-07-2003 10:29 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Sui-Cycle Mark was talking about is the Dodge Tomahawk. The write-up says the Dodge Tomahawk is like a beast of no other: a four-wheel motorcycle with a 500hp Viper V-10 engine. It goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and has a potential top speed of 400mph. Chrysler says there's an "appetite for a vehicle such as this in a limited production run."

GM is playing with a new toy. It is supposed to have silk seats and lots of other very expensive trinkets.

Cadillac Sixteen: This concept car has the most powerful engine in the world: A v-16 that produces 1,000 hp. Yet it gets 20mpg on the highway. An ultra-luxury sedan that's over 18 feet long with 24-inch wheels, it even has a crystal in the Cadillac crest on the grille.

I am not making this one up, either. Ford is building a Model U.
Building on the heritage of the Model T, the Model U takes Ford into the future. This truly green machine is made of enviromentally friendly material. The canvas roof is made from corn, the seat foam is made of soybeans and when you check the oil, it's made from sunflower seeds. The Model U begins production later this year.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-08-2003 12:01 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez Paul....1000hp....thats like having the power of a small locomotive at your command. I bet every retiree living on Miami Beach will buy one of those [sleep] ! I always felt that a Cadallac was a great car to attend a Funeral in......now they can haul the whole crowd tot he cemetary in one car! I'll take a suicide Lincoln any day over anything else luxury...... [Cool]
Mark

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-08-2003 12:11 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Mark. I am trying to figure out way anyone needs a car with a 1,000 hp engine. My little 4-banger Mercury Topaz is perfectly capable of running 100 mph, which is still too fast for me. It can still pull that 10 mile 5% grade hill outside of Vantage, Washington at 75 mph without losing any speed. That's even better than my Diesel truck can do.

Even Bonny and Clyde had an old flathead Ford V-8, and it was capable of outrunning the cops in those days. Why do we need a 1000 hp engine for, anyway? [Eek!]

Brad Haven
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2003 06:04 AM      Profile for Brad Haven   Email Brad Haven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick Vaughan
You are paying double what it costs us for a litre, we pay around 98 cents a litre, which is about 36p , and we think ours is expensive!

Thats one mighty bike!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: