Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Steve G's New Flyswatter (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Steve G's New Flyswatter
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-11-2003 07:51 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that the flys are bad out east but perhaps Steve has gone too far this time. Check out this acoustical fly swatter he has built out of Altec Drivers. 10 kw input and all thats left is a little grease spot where the fly was. Yo there Steve, what impedance is that thingy there.....?
Mark
P.S. Nice jacket there.....and man...those shoooooes.....
 -

[ 01-14-2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Mark Gulbrandsen ]

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-11-2003 08:01 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That should do it.... [Smile]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-12-2003 12:32 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where did you find that one it looks like a Altec Highfrequency Bose Wave Cannon [Smile]
Steve you better wear that suite at showest

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-12-2003 03:06 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to diss on your creation Steve, but how do you think your new flyswatter stands up against the Peltzer swatter?

A friend of mine running a drive-in has invented a mosquito repellant similar to what Steve has done here. I am going to make a trip out there in the next month or two and will get full pics and the "how to".

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-12-2003 10:24 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brad,
Wouldn't it just be easier to make a variation on Film-Guard......just adda little bit of citronella to the Film-Guard formula.......call it Mosquito-Guard or something to that extent and Drive Inns could get double duty out of a bottle of the stuff!
Mark

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-12-2003 04:48 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, that thing looks like the Magic "T" junction on the old G-51 radar of the F3H-2 "Screamin' Demon".......The radar was good, but the J-71 engine didn't have enough power to blow itself out of the way.. [Big Grin]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-12-2003 08:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, This thing has WAY more power than the J-71 ever did.....The only problem is that its limited in power at low thrust frequencys.....
Mark

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2003 10:47 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously guys,
What the hell is that thing?
Whats it used for?
Where did it come from?
Why is it here?
Where did he get that suit?

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-13-2003 11:39 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many DB's that thing will produce at 10khz at 30 watts at 1 meter? [Smile]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-14-2003 12:11 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really Sam,

Ask Steve
Don't know what it is used for
Cant tell you where I got it
It fits Steve to a tee.....not the suit, the gizmo
From Beaver Cleevers Dad

OK?
P.S. There's more to come down the road......
Mark

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 01-14-2003 01:21 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I put my ex Mother-In-Law in front of it? I tried citronella... it didn't work! [Frown]

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2003 09:57 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second all of Sam's questions, and I have one more. Is that Steve, or the announcer from The Price is Right?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-14-2003 08:40 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donno, But "The Driver Is Right" might be more like it.....
Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-14-2003 10:58 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard a rummour that the pix was a cut and paste job that the subject was not aware of.
A closer look revealse "Matte lines" hmmmm
maybe the moderator should check the source info and if it is a fake then it should be in Joke Yak [evil]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2003 11:05 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks to me like one of those back massagers that you turn on and they vibrate. "A therapudic massage to relieve the stress of everyday life." [Razz]

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: