Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Actor Richard Crenna Has Died

Author Topic: Actor Richard Crenna Has Died
Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 04:22 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was on CNN this morning. He died from complications with cancer. He was 76.

I remember him on "Our Miss Brooks," and "The Real McCoys."

He was also a capable director of many TV show episodes.

(Sunday)

[ 01-19-2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Bruce McGee ]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-19-2003 08:05 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most younger people will remember him as Rambo's CO

Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-19-2003 09:34 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I saw him as a kid was in the "Sand Pebbles". I always thought that was one of his best performances too.
Mark

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 05:36 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also first saw him on "Our Miss Brooks". I think the last thing he did was a made for TV flick called "By Dawn's Early Light" with David Caradine. That was a year or two ago. He'll be missed.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2003 10:58 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After Our Miss Brooks left the airwaves, Mr. Crenna had trouble getting work. He would go to auditions and they would not even consider him because they still thought of him as a 'simpering boy.' I'm glad that he got work as Luke on The Real McCoys. He did a good job on that series right up to the end when he, grandpa, and Pepino were the only originals left in the cast!

Slattery's People (1964?) was a good series too.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 01-20-2003 11:49 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not forget him in "Wait Until Dark" and "Body Heat".

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: