Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Joe Redifer is the "Tony Cliffton" of Brad Miller (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Joe Redifer is the "Tony Cliffton" of Brad Miller
Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 11:39 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've been posting here for a while now, and lurking even longer but I think I have it somewhat figured out. Joe Redifer is indeed the "Tony Cliffton" of Brad Miller.

You see, waaaay back in the days of bad presentation, Brad decided he would try and invent a miracle formula that would clean, protect, and lubricate motion picture film. (ALL motion picture film, for that matter.) It was around this time when this "Joe Redifer" character began to show up.

While Brad was more serious about his work on the formula, "Joe" would come up with hair-brained ideas like changing the name of the formula to Film Guard. He got especially mad when he found out the company was called Brad Miller and Associates and even demanded that it be changed as well.

"Joe" has been noted to claim that HE invented Film Guard and "that Brad Miller guy is just trying to get a free ride on my coattails!" It was around this time that the public began to get wise and put the pieces together. They began to think that Brad and "Joe" were in fact, one and the same.

It was decided that Brad and "Joe" would split and go their seperate ways so that people wouldn't get wise to the act. They began posting seperately on the Film-Tech Forums until the public outcry had died down.

But now, the telltale sings are beginning to once again emerge. To aviod people making comparisons, Brad Miller has opted to put very few, if any, pictures of himself up on the website. The only ones that exist are his forum picture and one in the Film-Tech gathering which doesn't even look like him. To add more confusion, "Joe's" forum pictures are mostly parodies of other people's, and they rotate to keep the public guessing.

Only "Joe" appears in the Film-Tech videos.

Other signs include "Joe" answering a question directed to Brad on the forums or vice-versa, and "Joe's" recent appointment as the "new" second moderator of the forums. There has also never been a picture posted of the two together.

Now, it may be easy to come out and present all sorts of information as to the fact that Brad and "Joe" are two different people, but there's only one sure-fire way to proove it.

Brad Miller and Joe Redifer must appear LIVE, on stage, TOGETHER!!! [evil]

Then and only then will the mystery of the Joe Redifer/Tony Cliffton/Brad Miller saga be revealed! [Big Grin]

=TMP=

|  IP: Logged

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 11:43 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Joe and Brad appear live on stage, WHOSE stage will it be on, and will we have to pay to see this spectacle?

Better be a free show.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-19-2003 11:51 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... so...????

By the way who is Tony Clifton? Is he related to Tony Curtis?

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-19-2003 11:55 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony Clifton

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-19-2003 12:14 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I've never been able to figure out that Joe...sometimes I wonder if he isn't a figmentation of Brads imagination or something.....never seen him at Showorst, or any film related meetings for that matter.....I do have to admith though that there is

-

some resemblance to Tony though...donno why or how, but there just is....Sort of reminds me of one of those mob guys you'd see around Chicago once in a while......
Mark

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-19-2003 12:20 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just learning Photoshop Mark? [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-19-2003 02:12 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Thomas, there are plenty of people who have met both of us and we don't look too much alike, other than us being a couple of white boys with a sense of humor that Steve Guttag can't get enough of. (Steve loves it when people bring him into discussions that have nothing to do with him.)

I'll be at ShoWest this year. Don't know if Joe is going or not, but you can always buy him a plane ticket as an incentive. [Wink]

(Personally I think you are the Tony Clifton of Ian Price.)

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 03:46 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well Thomas, there are plenty of people who have met both of us and we don't look too much alike,
Yeah, yeah... it's easy to make claims like that, but is there any proof? Even so, a picture could be of some OTHER person dressed like "Joe" or even photoshopped. We need "Live On Stage" proof! [Big Grin]

quote:
(Personally I think you are the Tony Clifton of Ian Price.)
Who the hell is Ian Price?? Okay, okay, just kidding... so what if I am just as tall as him? He's got build on me! Besides, he's just trying to get a free ride on my coattails!! [Razz]

=TMP=

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 04:30 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you are just begging for me to chime in.

I have sat on Joe Redifer.

I have not sat on Brad Miller. Although Brad would have been softer. [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-19-2003 04:32 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That's because I wouldn't be as excited to have you sit on me as Joe would be.

Seriously though, exactly WHY were you sitting on Joe?

And what's with your new signature?

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 06:25 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was practicing the ancient martial art of Sitsumo.

As to the new signature, please note the size of the Xenon lamp in my hand.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2003 06:56 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, I was under the impression that the xenon in your picture is the exact same 15K bulb that Thomas Procyck was holding in the picture he sent me from Show East. [Big Grin] [Eek!]

Edit: Okay, that now appears to be his forum pic.

[ 01-20-2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Ken Lackner ]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-19-2003 09:38 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian is that 450 watt xenon size indicative of anything? [Eek!]

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2003 03:55 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is everyone feeling the need to hold a xenon bulb in their picture now? I guess I'm just cool like that, huh? [Cool]

Barry Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2003 06:17 PM      Profile for Barry Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas,

I don't think my parents were even teenagers when Tony Cliffton was at his top, but I did see "Man on the Moon" and if it holds true to Andy Kauffman's big jokes, then didn't he and Tony appear together live? With his writer friend (played by Paul Giamatti) dressed up as Tony. Alas, there is always a way to fool the general public and the secret may never be told.....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: