Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What theatres are in the Grapevine area?

Author Topic: What theatres are in the Grapevine area?
Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2003 09:57 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The store manager at my new job is heading over to the US in a few weeks to catch LOTR: The Two Towers. She said that she is seeing it with a friend over there at a theatre in Grapevine...I have heard of the AMC (24? 30?) there, but are there other theatres in that area? Does anyone know which ones?

Ideally, I would be keen to find out which theatre it is that she's visiting (I'm thinking it's probably the AMC) and ultimately find out if any projectionists there are Film-Tech members. If so, perhaps they could arrange a tour of the booth or something? I hope that's not stretching things too far.

If it were possible, it would be much appreciated, and I would be glad to reciprocate if anyone was coming to Sydney! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Huff
Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2003 10:17 AM      Profile for Mark Huff   Email Mark Huff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a Cinemark Theatre right down the road from the AMC. The AMC is connected to the mall and the Cinemark is about 10 blocks away. Grapevine is so close to Dallas that there are several theatres in every direction.

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2003 10:23 AM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Mark!

Does anyone here work at either of those two? (Cinemark or AMC in Grapevine?)

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 01-21-2003 11:59 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recall that Film-Tech participant Brent Arnold lives in Grapevine TX, but not sure what theatre he works at.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-21-2003 02:58 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
There are just these two theaters in Grapevine itself. They are both playing Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Other nearby municipalities with cinemas include Lewisville, Bedford, Carrollton and Irving. Grapevine is right next to the DFW airport.

AMC Theatres
Grapevine Mills 30
3150 Grapevine Mills Pky
(972) 724-8000 (Recording)

Cinemark Theatres
Tinseltown Movies 17
911 State Hwy 114 W
(817) 481-5040 (Office)
email: 206@cinemark.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: