Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Star Trek Film feat. Voyager crew?

Author Topic: Star Trek Film feat. Voyager crew?
Dino Panagiotopoulos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2003 10:59 PM      Profile for Dino Panagiotopoulos   Email Dino Panagiotopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious if any Trek fans have heard anything about a possible 11th film with the Voyager crew? A few people have hinted at it especially with a Kate Mulgrew cameo in Nemesis. It would be a great thing to see especially since Voyager was the best ST series of them all. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-26-2003 12:50 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Trek: Nemesis tanked at the box office. It's practically stalled at $43M in the US. Not very good. I suspect that Paramount is reevaluating what to do with the movie side of the Star Trek franchise in the future.

Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2003 01:36 PM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not a 'trekkie' but I do love Star Trek.
I loved ST:TNG after I got over being pissed off that they even made a new show with new people and not the 'old' people.
However at around the middle of season one, I got over that, and began to love it. The time travel and Q ones rocked.

ST:DS9 I was into that, but go over it pretty quick.

ST:Voy Haven't even got to the end of it. (about 2years behind here, that sux I avoid hiring the DVD's /video's)

I like ENTERPRISE, but that might be because I like Quantum Leap.

I don't 'watch' movies that often (that is to say start to finish) but Star Trek ones I do. Private midnight screenings as soon as we get print, at a very high volume)
However, As for STAR TREK: Nemesis, I just don't care for it just from the trailer. So it doesn't surprise me it bombed/tanked. I will still run a 'Bill & friends' screening, but I'm afraid, very afraid this might be the last one.

Bill.

Dino Panagiotopoulos
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2003 05:19 PM      Profile for Dino Panagiotopoulos   Email Dino Panagiotopoulos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I think I think Nemesis could have been alot better had it been written by Rick Berman. Nobody knows what people would want more than that man. John Logan did not do that bad of a job but his style of writing that film was more along the lines of some "fantasy story"...........and it was truly a shame that the film only focused around 2 or 3 TNG characters. I believe the others were just as worthy of some screen time.

As for the other series', TNG was great but a little too peaceful for me. Same with DS9. [sleep] That action didn't really pick up until the Dominion Wars. Voyager was definitely the best because every single episode right from the get go was packed with "ass-kicking" action [thumbsup] .

From what Brent Spiner said, he said that the only way that the TNG crew would reunite for another film was if Nemesis did great at the box office, and from what David said, it basically stunk the box office right up. [bs]

:Dino:

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2003 08:34 PM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked Nemesis. I agree with Dino, it did just revolve around Picard and not so much the other characters, but he is the captian so "make it so".

I never liked Voyger. I thought the whole concept was stupid. They get lost on their first mission. Who cares? I didn't like any of the actors or their characters. Yeah the borg girl was hot, that was all the show had going for it.

I loved Deep Space Nine. It took me awhile to get into it but once I did. I couldn't miss an episode. The Dominion Wars where the best episodes. It gave the Star Trek universe the realism that it needed. It showed how weak the Federation has become. How vunerable they where.

I hope they never make a Voyger movie and make another Star Trek movie.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: