Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Michael Jackson Special (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Michael Jackson Special
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-07-2003 08:38 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donno how many of you watched any of this but I have to say that this guy is really turned into a genuine freak!! So he wants to be Peter Pan.....? What a nut case.....

Not sure if the Bill Clinton on Larry King or the Jackson special was wierder....Clinton said that the Space Shuttle was at 205,000 cubic feet whan it broke up......
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2003 09:26 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hoo boy this guy is insane! This special proves he's a child molester.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-07-2003 10:07 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Clinton said that the Space Shuttle was at 205,000 cubic feet whan it broke up......
Mark

Learn from an expert: [Wink] "Bushspeak" and "Bushisms"...

http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/bushspeak/

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2003 10:21 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MJ (since his more recent operations) has looked like a character out of the recent production of Planet Of The Apes

Heres some info about the shuttle disaster that is pretty humorous
http://seattle.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=22039&group=webcast

18 times the speed of light eh?

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-07-2003 10:56 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I want to know is given his colorful history, what parents in their right mind would let their children sleep over with him, IN HIS ROOM. Someone should be investigating THAT. And what the heck was he on during the interview in Berlin?? And why would anyone in their right mind allow all this to be taped and shown on TV? Never mind that last question -- it's self-explanatory.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2003 12:36 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hoo boy this guy is insane! This special proves he's a child molester.
Ken, I'd like to know exactly how the documentary "proves" this?

All that Jackson’s admits in the documentary is that he has kids sleep in his bed while he sleeps on the floor. That's not molesting! It's a bit weird yes, but it's no crime.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-07-2003 01:05 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Learn from an expert: "Bushspeak" and "Bushisms"...
Oops, sounds like somebody touched a nerve. [Smile]

I tried to watch the Michael Jackson show, but I'm sorry, I couldn't stand looking at him for more than a few minutes. He looks like somebody who's been in a fire.

Greg, I thought the same thing about the "Planet" resemblance. Not to be cruel, but he just is; after all, nobody forced him to alter his face/features.

It's ultimate vanity gone horribly wrong.

Further, anyone else who had children that weren't his own, routinely sleep in his bed -- even with him in the same room -- would be investigated by child protective services. It's not normal. As others have said, I can't fathom any parent allowing their child to stay over with a warped, middle-aged man...

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 02-07-2003 01:11 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John has given away one of my sites for political jokes. [Wink]

Actually two of them.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-07-2003 01:18 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I vote we change Bob's title to "Post King", or "Post Monger". [Razz]

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2003 01:30 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Clinton said that the Space Shuttle was at 205,000 cubic feet whan it broke up
I'm guessing that in trying to occupy 205,000 cubic feet, the space shuttle exceeded its structural limits. However, the goal was eventually achieved and then some.

I tried to watch some of the interview with Michael Jackson. Yes, he's creepy, but I'm thinking that it is kind of sad too. His life is essentially over at the age of 44. May he rest in peace. (And not with some young boy! [Eek!] )

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-07-2003 01:59 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A brief history:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/1201949.stm

http://www.m-jackson.com/

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2003 03:21 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Michael Jackson said it best himself in the interview when asked about children sleeping in his room:

"Why does it always have to be sexual??"

It seems these days that even if you're pushing a kid on a swing, people are looking at you funny. Just another plot by the media to make everyone afraid that any living breathing soul could be a child molester and is just waiting in the shadows to swoop down on their little booger-eater.

quote:
This special proves he's a child molester.
And what do you suppose that silly grin could be saying about YOU?? [Wink]

=TMP=

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2003 05:04 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas, if you had a child would you let him or her "SLEEP OVER" at his place? If the answer is "NO" then why not?

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-07-2003 09:08 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Jackson is a child. He said so himself and the teenage boy reiterated it later in the program.

Those children are sleeping over at his house in much the same way as they would sleep over at another child's house.

The only difference here is that Jackson is a 44 year-old man.

Seriously, though, I am not convinced that Jackson is sexually abusing other people's children.

I am more concerned about the future of "his" kids who are paraded around wearing masks and getting mobbed by papparazzi. (Does anybody else doubt that those are his kids at all?)

Here's the thing: If Jackson would have us believe that he is "Peter Pan" then those kids should be taken away from him. A child should not be trusted to care for and mold another child.

The journalist stated in an interview later that same evening (Thursday) that he was concerned about the impressionable underprivileged children who sometimes are invited to stay overnight at Neverland Ranch with MJ -- a multimillionaire, superstar entertainer and celebrity. He points out that Jackson's estate is so heavily guarded, and so large, that Jackson is essentially "a law unto himself" and, while he did not witness any abuse, he does not feel comfortable with the possibility that MJ's behavior could differ when there are no cameras or witnesses around.

A good question asked by another reporter: How did MJ think he would benefit from these interviews?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-07-2003 09:26 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The documentary on the "King of Pop" was interesting, but I don't think it showed anything surprisingly new. Anyone could draw the same conclusions by all sorts of previous events.

In some respects, I'm appalled at the guy, particularly when he can walk into a store and spend $6 million like it is nothing or when he doesn't seem to be aware of his kids being caught in a crush of paparazzi because he is too busy soaking it up for himself.

In other ways, I feel sorry for Micheal Jackson. This is a fellow who has very obviously been so extremely isolated from the general public that he has never been able to mature into a properly functional adult. That, combined with his own lack of a healthy childhood, is a recipe for disaster. He cannot come to terms with accepting reality and his responsibility as an adult. The guy seems very alone in the world and unable to do anything positive about it through obvious lack of developed social skills.

I don't believe Jackson is a child molester. I doubt if he is gay either (another popular slam against the guy). His acts of surrounding himself with children and acting like a child seem like a method of escape.

There is no escape from growing older or seeing a music career dwindle down to a faint memory. My concern is that Jackson will not take the next few years very well. He may even wind up killing himself.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: