Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Complete Oscar Nomination List (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Complete Oscar Nomination List
Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 08:19 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Complete list of 75th annual Oscar nominations announced Tuesday in Beverly Hills, Calif., by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences:

1. Best Picture: "Chicago," "Gangs of New York," "The Hours," "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," "The Pianist."

2. Actor: Adrien Brody, "The Pianist"; Nicolas Cage, "Adaptation"; Michael Caine, "The Quiet American"; Daniel Day-Lewis, "Gangs of New York"; Jack Nicholson, "About Schmidt."

3. Actress: Salma Hayek, "Frida"; Nicole Kidman, "The Hours"; Diane Lane, "Unfaithful"; Julianne Moore, "Far from Heaven"; Renee Zellweger, "Chicago."

4. Supporting Actor: Chris Cooper, "Adaptation"; Ed Harris, "The Hours"; Paul Newman, "Road to Perdition"; John C. Reilly, "Chicago"; Christopher Walken, "Catch Me If You Can."

5. Supporting Actress: Kathy Bates, "About Schmidt"; Julianne Moore, "The Hours"; Queen Latifah, "Chicago"; Meryl Streep, "Adaptation"; Catherine Zeta-Jones, "Chicago."

6. Director: Rob Marshall, "Chicago"; Martin Scorsese, "Gangs of New York"; Stephen Daldry, "The Hours"; Roman Polanski, "The Pianist"; Pedro Almodovar , "Talk to Her."

7. Foreign Film: "El Crimen del Padre Amaro," Mexico; "Hero," People's Republic of China; "The Man Without a Past," Finland; "Nowhere in Africa," Germany; "Zus & Zo," The Netherlands.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Peter Hedges and Chris Weitz and Paul Weitz, "About a Boy"; Charlie Kaufman and Donald Kaufman, "Adaptation"; Bill Condon, "Chicago"; David Hare, "The Hours"; Ronald Harwood, "The Pianist."

9. Original Screenplay: Todd Haynes, "Far From Heaven"; Jay Cocks and Steve Zaillian and Kenneth Lonergan, "Gangs of New York"; Nia Vardalos, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"; Pedro Almodovar, "Talk to Her"; Carlos Cuaron and Alfonso Cuaron, "Y Tu Mama Tambien."

10. Animated feature film: "Ice Age"; "Lilo & Stitch"; "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron"; "Spirited Away"; "Treasure Planet."

11. Art Direction: "Chicago," "Frida," "Gangs of New York," "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," "Road to Perdition."

12. Cinematography: "Chicago," "Far From Heaven," "Gangs of New York," "The Pianist," "Road to Perdition."

13. Sound: "Chicago," "Gangs of New York," "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," "Road to Perdition," "Spider-Man."

14. Sound Editing: "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," "Minority Report," "Road to Perdition."

15. Original Score: "Catch Me If You Can," John Williams; "Far From Heaven," Elmer Bernstein; "Frida," Elliot Goldenthal; "The Hours," Philip Glass; "Road to Perdition," Thomas Newman.

16. Original Song: "Burn It Blue" from "Frida," Elliot Goldenthal and Julie Taymor; "Father and Daughter" from "The Wild Thornberrys Movie," Paul Simon; "The Hands That Built America" from "Gangs of New York," Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen; "I Move On" from "Chicago," John Kander and Fred Ebb; "Lose Yourself" from "8 Mile," Eminem, Jeff Bass and Luis Resto.

17. Costume: "Chicago," "Frida," "Gangs of New York," "The Hours," "The Pianist."

18. Documentary Feature: "Bowling for Columbine," "Daughter from Danang," "Prisoner of Paradise," "Spellbound," "Winged Migration."

19. Documentary (short subject): "The Collector of Bedford Street," "Mighty Times: The Legacy of Rosa Parks," "Twin Towers," "Why Can't We Be a Family Again?"

20. Film Editing: "Chicago," "Gangs of New York," "The Hours," "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," "The Pianist."

21. Makeup: "Frida," "The Time Machine."

22. Animated Short Film: "The Cathedral," "The ChubbChubbs!," "Das Rad," "Mike's New Car," "Mt. Head."

23. Live Action Short Film: "Fait D'Hiver," "I'll Wait for the Next One (J'Attendrai Le Suivant)," "Inja (Dog)," "Johnny Flynton," "This Charming Man (Der Er En Yndig Mand)."

24. Visual Effects: "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," "Spider-Man," "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones."

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 08:49 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, for the first time ever, an Anime title is up for an oscar.

Looks to me like Lord Of The Rings got jipped of a few here and there. They could have thrown it in to "makeup" to make that category a little more exciting. Peter Jackson did't get a Best Director nomination??

=TMP=

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 11:28 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lose Yourself huh. Dosn't this mean that the song has to be performed during the awards (though not necessarily by M&M) swear words and all? This reminds me of Trey Parker's Blame Canada from a couple of years ago.

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 11:33 AM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, it doesn't have to be played uncensored. Blame Canada was edited for content before the broadcast (Remember they wouldn't let them say "...that bitch Anne Murray." even though she thought it was funny and at one point was going to perform the song for the show. In fact if my memory serves me, the reason why Williams sang it for the show and not Parker and Stone was because they were afraid that Parker and Stone were going to swear and use the original lyrics and they wouldn't be able to censor fast enough.

My guess is that Eminem will perform it for the show and will be very professional and accomodating to the broadcast with regards to the broadcast standards.

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 11:52 AM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to find a list of noms by Title - could someone post that or direct me to a link? I can't find one...

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 12:45 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew

http://www.oscar.com

allows you to look up nominations by title.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 02-11-2003 01:06 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!! [Eek!]
Look at all those Miramax nominations, 30 by its self and another
9 with the ones from "The Hours" Paramount/Miramax release. [Big Grin]

"Chicago" 13 nominations
"Gangs of New York" 10 nominations
"Frida" 6 nominations
"Quiet American" 1 nomination

"The Hours" 9 nominations

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-11-2003 01:25 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WOW!!!
Look at all those Miramax nominations

All bought and paid for, fair and square. [Wink]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 02-11-2003 02:17 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Greek Wedding and Minority Report should have taken a few more noms.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 03:05 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many of you guys (and gals) out there run some kind of Oscar Contest? We are required to do one every year with the newspaper. I was thinking about doing one for the Razzies as well just because I think that it might be kind of fun.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-11-2003 03:17 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kodak's Entertainment Imaging division runs an Academy Awards contest each year, with ballots for employees to pick the winners in about half of the catagories. Winners typically get close to 100% correct.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-11-2003 04:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
How is My Big Fat Greek Wedding an Original Screenplay? I thought she adapted it from her play? Or was the play completely different from the movie?

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 04:12 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill G. left out The Two Towers -- put into turnaround at Miramax with the Weinstein family listed as executive producers.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 02-11-2003 04:48 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can "Minority Report" not be nominated for Cinematography and "The Pianist" be nominated? Believe me, this has nothing to do with my dislike of the film`s content!! I just think it didn`t even look good. It looked like home video.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2003 05:31 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How is My Big Fat Greek Wedding an Original Screenplay? I thought she adapted it from her play? Or was the play completely different from the movie
She claimed she wrote the screenplay first and then adapted her one-woman show from it when she wasn't able to sell it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: