Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Metroid Prime Rolling Stock (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Metroid Prime Rolling Stock
Joseph D. Olson
Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2003 04:35 AM      Profile for Joseph D. Olson   Author's Homepage   Email Joseph D. Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a child of the eighties, and thus, a Nintendo nerd. The second I heard there would be a cinematic trailer for one of my favorite games, I was anxious to get my hands on it but later found out it only went to AMC theatres. Any ideas for getting my hands on a copy?

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 06:45 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Move to Yak?

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 02-12-2003 07:34 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why the heck not! [Smile]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-12-2003 12:42 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apply for a job at AMC. The game has been out for over a month now and it is not cool to like it anymore as it is "old hat". The only game it is cool to like is the upcoming Zelda. But I say "Screw that!" and only look forward to Sega's F-Zero. Of course, videogames haven't been that great since the days of the Genesis and SNES. [Frown]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 12:47 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most AMC's I've been to don't lock the booth door...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-12-2003 01:00 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, the infamous unlocked booth door. "Invitation to video and picture booth tours on Film-Tech!" [Big Grin]

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2003 01:45 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Screenvision ad for Intellivision video games from 1982, featuring the new state-of-the-art game Star Strike! When I worked at a theatre that was running Playstation 2 ads I joked I was gonna put the Intellivision trailer in their place [Razz]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 02:25 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ah yes, the infamous unlocked booth door. "Invitation to video and picture booth tours on Film-Tech!"

Unlocked booth doors are also an invitation to print theft and piracy. [Frown] Not to mention theft and/or damage to the tools and equipment.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-12-2003 04:19 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Massachusetts law, the booth door must be "closed, but not locked" (or words to that effect) when the theatre is open to the public.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 04:33 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know if that is so a theatre inspector can wonder on up, or so that you can easily escape in the event of a fire, or some other reason?

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 02-12-2003 04:40 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that law was written in case of an emergency people could have easy access in and out of the booth.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 04:53 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
from Chipper...
I believe that law was written in case of an emergency people could have easy access in and out of the booth.

Yes... so they can quickly get to all that nitrate stock we still keep in our booths.

The local fire inspector actually asked about that when I reopened our indoor. I sent him off to Kodak's site.

(sorry... off topic, I know... but, sheesh!)

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 09:46 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the unlocked booth doors at AMC. I can fix the sound, focus and framing problems myself instead of trying to find someone who can call the someone whose job that is - the person who is usually busy about a mile from my cinema starting 5 other shows.
I generally only go to AMC and only the 4 bigger screens - they have individual or twin booths and an upper exit from the auditorium right beside the booth doors [Wink]
The only time I find them locked is on service calls when I have a ton of gear that I don't want to leave alone and I have to trek around looking for a manager.
Partly I like AMC because the lobby area is peaceful. The other chains around here go from somewhat annoyingly loud and busy lobbies to mindwarpingly annoying arcade/disco lobby areas.
Otherwise I stick to the rep houses where there is a real operator doing changeovers and (hopefully) checking the picture occasionally.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-13-2003 08:02 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack Ondracek wrote:

quote:
Yes... so they can quickly get to all that nitrate stock we still keep in our booths.

The local fire inspector actually asked about that when I reopened our indoor. I sent him off to Kodak's site.

Kodak still gets several inquiries each year to verify that today's print films are safety film:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/faq/combustable.shtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/faq/autoignite.shtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/faqs/faq004.shtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/hse/waste.jhtml

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/hse/nitrate/

http://www.kodak.com/US/plugins/acrobat/en/motion/hse/h182.pdf

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/hse/recycleInCam1-02.jhtml

Joseph D. Olson
Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2003 03:23 PM      Profile for Joseph D. Olson   Author's Homepage   Email Joseph D. Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So does this mean nobody knows where I can get ahold of a Metroid Prime trailer?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: