Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » personalized license plates (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: personalized license plates
Kara J. McVay
Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2003 09:22 PM      Profile for Kara J. McVay   Author's Homepage   Email Kara J. McVay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering how many of you have personalized plates?
Mine: MOVIEZ

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 09:35 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YYZ-2112

It's very subtle.

[Big Grin]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-12-2003 10:02 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once I was thinking of having a personalized license plate on my car. That thought was dashed very quickly when I found out Washington State charges an arm and a leg for them. [thumbsdown]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2003 10:28 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine was AL BNDY during high school [Smile] I've been meaning to get it back to that, but I never get a chance to do that.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-12-2003 10:32 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My special plates reads " C S A " for my three initials. [Smile]

I am not sure the exact amount the state of Hawaii charges for personalized plates but I think I pay about $25.00 in addition to my registration fee every year.

-Claude

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-12-2003 10:43 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is: N2 35MM

>>> Phil

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-12-2003 10:58 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine:

FLM-TCH

J/K

Ray Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2003 10:59 PM      Profile for Ray Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Once I was thinking of having a personalized license plate on my car. That thought was dashed very quickly when I found out Washington State charges an arm and a leg for them.
I just check the state DOL site and this is what the fees are:
The initial plate fee for a passenger vehicle is $44.50. The initial plate fee for motorcycles, trailers and campers is $44.00. Once a personalized plate is issued, a $30 renewal fee will be charged in addition to all other licensing fees each time you renew your vehicle. These fees are in addition to all other titling and renewal fees that are due in the normal course of titling and licensing a vehicle.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2003 11:15 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one on the SUV is "Filmnut" and the one on the truck is "IC STRS"

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-12-2003 11:24 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ray, now you know why I didn't. [Smile]

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2003 01:03 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting factoid:
Maine has the highest number of 'vanity plates' per capita out of all the states in the US.
And apparently, Maine is the state where it is least expensive to have a personalized license plate.

Even so, I don't have a personalized plate. The assistant manager of my theater's plates have 'BADGRRL', one of my coworkers has 'EXTOL' on his plates, and my mom has 'SEHRGUT' on her '76 Beetle. [thumbsup]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-13-2003 01:22 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my license plate:

-

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-13-2003 03:15 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None now, but I did have two personalized Nevada plates:
Civil Air Patrol 0018, and my old ham call sign N7FJF.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-13-2003 04:06 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Between 1989-1991 I had the following WA plates on my car:

-

After moving back to California in 1991, I got another plate (no pic) Z NON ('Xenon' was already taken)...

-Aaron

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-13-2003 04:06 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby-

I failed to notice that plate when you were in town. Is that new? Or did you use another vehicle?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: