Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Movie quotes help --for class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Movie quotes help --for class
Kristin Wahlund
Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 04:09 PM      Profile for Kristin Wahlund   Email Kristin Wahlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I have an assignment for a film class to find the movies that belong to these quotes and I was just thinking to myself, hey maybe all you people might be able to help me, I have been searching FOREVER to find these and its impossible for me so any help would be awesome!

"If the swede was any slower he'd have birds nesting in his hat."

"Take your fancy clothes, and your black silk underwaer, and go back to disneyland."

"Murder, Death, Kill!! Murder, Death, Kill!!"

Hopefully some of you movie buffs can help a college student out!

|  IP: Logged

Greg Borr
Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 04:19 PM      Profile for Greg Borr   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Borr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think "Murder, Death, Kill" was from Demolition Man.

There is a movie quotes site somewhere on the internet, I stumbled across it some time ago, someone may have the link, try to find it and you should be able to find you answers, best of luck.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 02-20-2003 04:25 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Take your fancy clothes, and your black silk underwaer, and go back to disneyland."
is from The Empire Strikes Back Director`s Cut. It is Luke`s line in response to Vader telling him he was his father. In the original theatrical release, Luke just responded "noooooooo". Lucas later felt he needed a comic line here to lighten the tone of the ending.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 06:30 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"If the swede was any slower he'd have birds nesting in his hat."

Gene Hackman in THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
Mr. Hackman Speaks

"Take your fancy clothes, and your black silk underwaer, and go back to Disneyland."

Jean-Claude Van Damme to Jean-Claude Van Damme in DOUBLE IMPACT

"Murder, Death, Kill!! Murder, Death, Kill!!"

Computer in DEMOLITION MAN. This phrase led to the production of an MDK video game.

Thank the good friends at GOOGLE for finding these...I LOVE the Google toolbar!

Good luck with the class!

Kristin Wahlund
Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 08:34 PM      Profile for Kristin Wahlund   Email Kristin Wahlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay thanks so much for the help guys!

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 08:41 PM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, so is the disneyland quote from empire or from Jean-Claude?

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-20-2003 08:49 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael has a [evil] sense of humor. Kristin, you probably don't want to attribute the Disneyland quote to "Empire Strikes Back". [Wink]

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-21-2003 12:20 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But your teacher would probably get a kick out of it.

I would be inclined to put that in and say "This line was used in at least two screenplays. It is a little-known fact that this line appeared in the director's cut.....but it also appears in......"

What's this class that gives out movie quotes for homework? I'm trying to get a feel for the educational component.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-21-2003 03:26 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Michael has seen the movie Thumb Wars by Steve Odekerk? In that parody, Darth Vader tells Luke, "I am your mother!" and opens his black cape to reveal a pink tutu. [Smile]

Manny - she said it was for a film class.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-21-2003 06:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael that's hilarious...and *almost* believable!

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-21-2003 07:49 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I confess I sat there blankly pondering on Michaels' post, for a few seconds anyway, before I busted out laughing.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 02-22-2003 10:48 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of quotes, AMC's new River East 21 in Chicago features a huge mural of familiar movie scenes overhead (very nicely done) and actually incorporated into the terrazo floor are many famous movie quotes. And this one which is not a quote from any movie I am familar with.

-

(It's not a line from Casablanca.)

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-22-2003 10:55 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Adam...I know.

But what kind of film class?

For instance, there's...

100 Level:
Intro to Aesthetics - Classical Hollywood Cinema
International Cinema I (Silent)
International Cinema II (Sound)

300 Level:
U.S. Film History to WWII
U.S. Film History after WWII

400 Level
Film Styles - Alfred Hitchcock
Film Production I
Writing for Directors
Acting for Writers

...and many more!

It could be any class. I really wanna know which course this fits into.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-22-2003 04:04 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess some sort of film appreciation class.

Steve -- AMC's Bay Street 16 in Emeryville CA has quotes and murals all over as well, in addition to large photos of actors and directors performing their craft. Their entrance floor quote is not the same ... I wonder how many (all?) new locations will have this design?

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-22-2003 04:37 PM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
look at the pictures from that amc in emeryville. "sparticus"? what's that? is that that koobrick movie starring kirk dugless?

carl

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: