Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Excerpts of Seattle Sucks Website

Author Topic: Excerpts of Seattle Sucks Website
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-24-2003 11:18 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Break it up with a stick? Seattle's ongoing public toilet saga takes another twist--the five $125,000 toilets are too big to fit the planned locations. Spending $625,000 a year on fancy toilets while locking park bathrooms to save money SUCKS!

State legislator Mary Lou Dickerson wants to raise the tax on beer to "pay for substance abuse programs."

Take a hike. Seattle City Light wants to raise their rates again after jacking them 60% last year. As usual, it's the fault of coke-snorting energy deregulation pimps in California.

Aw, crap! Twenty, or maybe all, King County parks to stay closed due to budget cuts. Because nothing says fiscal responsibility like a locked park bathroom.

A new viaduct with a toll? Does anyone else see the irony in having to pay tolls on a highway that goes past two publicly-funded stadiums built for private companies?

Tim "Frat Boy" Eyman busted. The most powerful man in the state? Maybe. Note to Tim: If you're going to piss off the establishment, you'd better be squeaky clean.

Photo of Space Needle found in Afghan caves. Great--now it’s overpriced with lousy food AND a terrorist target. At least it’s the one place in the city guaranteed not to have any locals.

Boeing leaves: “It’s not you, it’s me” they say. “Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out” we say. And kiss your security deposit goodbye.

Earthquake! Mother Nature opens up a giant can of morning-after whoop-ass but misses the bulls-eye by 30 miles. The good news: Local herpes cases are down 25% since the Fenix Underground was destroyed.

Baseball stadium: 51% No + 49% Yes = 100% Sucks. Local politicians and newspaper editors are spotted leaving meetings with John Ellis and other M's executives wearing kneepads. Light bulbs go off in Charlie Chong and Tim Eyman’s heads.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-24-2003 11:34 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh Paul, (In my opinion) you should stop bashing California for all your state's problems up there. Washington has some of the most liberal laws that attract all of the low-lifes from all over the country. I sincerely get really tired of people bashing California and blaming their problems on L.A. or other CA cities.

I sincerely wish people would stop bashing a particular state where others live. In the US, we ALL live where we choose. Each place has their good and bad points. I get really tired of the pissing contest to see has the best place!

I've lived in several places in the US, and I feel the most comfortable and "grounded" in Los Angeles.

I've been here about 30 years, so I'm "almost" a native... [Smile]

>>> Phil

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-24-2003 11:44 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Phil...that's the way they do things in Seattle. [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-24-2003 11:51 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Paul, it's too bad that they are soooo narrow-minded up there.

>>> Phil

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-25-2003 01:06 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - and our legislature is probably the worse offenders, too. [Big Grin]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 02-25-2003 12:51 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oregon & Washington just LOVE to bash California. Around here there's been some debate about a new I-5 interchange the state wants to build. Of course there was an outpouring of letters to the editor of the paper denouncing a California-style freeway project. These critics consistently overlook the fact that Portland (and Seattle) have their fair share of such freeway interchanges. But it's much easier (not to mention more politically correct) to blame California for everything.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: