Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Did you send in pictures? and SNEAK PREVIEW ACCESS (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Did you send in pictures? and SNEAK PREVIEW ACCESS
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-28-2003 05:50 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I need the people who have sent in pictures to the following theaters to please email me, as I need to get captions before I can post them.

Starlite

Also, if you have picture pages that you think may have been lost, please email to verify if it is on the list or if they have gotten lost somehow.

Thanks

Flix@film-tech.com

[ 03-18-2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-01-2003 01:50 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Just bumping this to the top in the hopes the people who sent in those pictures will see this and contact me.

Also a reminder for those who don't quite understand how the Sneak Preview section works (yes I still get emails on this)...

-

If you are a forum member who has your picture beside your posts and have accumulated at least 50 posts, then you can access the first level Sneak section. This is the top link on each day's update. By being an active forum member with a picture, you get access to everything before the others. Obviously when you are looking at the front page of the website, you will be paying attention to the first link on each day. The second and third links on each day will be additions you got to see a week or two earlier.

If you are a forum member with at least 50 posts, but you have never sent in your picture, then you can access the second level Sneak section. If you fit into this category, then you will want to pay attention to the middle link on each day's update. You will not be able to access the top link until you send in a picture, and the third link will be what you got to see early last week.

The third link on each day's update is wide open to the general public for anyone who doesn't fit into one of the top two descriptions. It is this third link on each day's update that you will want to pay attention to.

Do note that I have yet to move these items into the appropriate section. For example, the only way to get the Windows oscilloscope software is to use the link on the front page. Sometime in the near (or maybe not so near) future I will move everything off of the front page and put it where it belongs. In this software example, this would be in the Manuals section.

When can you see the Sneak additions? Just look at the date. If you fit into the level 2 Sneak as described above and you are dying to see the Kahilu Theater pictures, then 7 days from the date it will be placed in the level 2 Sneak section. If you are not a member or have less than 50 posts, the Kahilu Theater pictures will be made available 14 days from now.

Come on everyone, send in those pictures! It's much nicer to be able to see who we are talking to. [Smile]

Matthew Peters
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2003 05:52 AM      Profile for Matthew Peters   Email Matthew Peters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,
I sent in my picture back in January,
Doesn’t appear next to my name, do you still have it?
Matt [Smile]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-01-2003 08:11 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently not. Please resend.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-01-2003 11:03 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

Only 4 more picture submissions left to try and locate their owners. Please respond if you sent these in or know enough about the theater to provide captions.

FYI, the Sneak Preview access list is only updated once every week'ish. Because of this if someone turns over 50 posts today, they may not be admitted access for several days before the script is run again.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-01-2003 12:31 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, that blue-on-black text is hard to read. Using a light blue would make it much easier. Just a suggestion. [Smile]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-01-2003 12:36 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, don't you know that every site has to have at least one gothic page. It's law. [Wink]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-01-2003 12:55 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
While I could recode the html page such that it would display the links in a lighter color, many people's browsers will ignore it anyway and use that default blue for links.

I'll see about changing it.

Then again, not being able to read it makes it a bit of a suprise, doesn't it? [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-01-2003 02:30 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

(Hoping to get answers today before I leave for ShoWest.)

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-01-2003 09:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

Only missing the two owners now. Anyone???

Everyone go out and get pictures of your theaters and email them in this week. Once I run out of Sneak Preview content, I'm bound to get lazy again...so hurry up and send in your submissions! If you've got manuals that we don't...send 'em in!

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2003 10:27 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Brad I think the "Westside" is my one , I'll send the Captions soon [beer]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-18-2003 10:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Received them Paul. Thanks. [Smile]

Only one mystery picture submission left. Anyone know who sent in the Starlite???

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-12-2003 11:50 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Still looking for captions to the Starlite drive-in theater. Does anyone know who might have sent these in?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-12-2003 03:57 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just post the pics with fake captions about how the theater sucks and the person who took the pictures is evil and should be shot. The real person would probably speak up pretty quickly!

Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2003 10:38 AM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say stick with the BLUE on BLACK brackground set up.
real projectionists should be able to focus and read in these colours, but I must admit, it is tuff to do at times (ie 4am, pissed as)

Thats how one of my main site is set up.

SPACE CONSPIRACY

Most feed back is about the colours, not that I'm a mental case about maybe the Moon shot is suspect. Even though I have got bored with it and not updated for almost a year.

Actually I might update the site with news that the CSIRO will have telescope that will have the resolution to be be able to see a sugar cube on the moon, within a year.

(Very much posting in the wrong area aren't I!!)

Bill.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: