Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Suggestions from the Gurus

Author Topic: Suggestions from the Gurus
Ray Bernardi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2003 10:02 AM      Profile for Ray Bernardi   Email Ray Bernardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again.

I'm new to the board and still learning my way around it. I'm also pretty new to the movie industry. I basically inherited a small 100 seat theatre. It has one screen. We run an abbreviated schedule as we're in a small town in NH. We run once a night at 700PM weekdays, once at 800PM Sat, and twice on Sunday, at 400PM and 700PM. That's it.

I guess I could have sold this thing, but I decided to give it a go. On the business side, I've got it pretty much down. I'm a computer consultant, that's my real job.

However, on the equipment and theatre management side of things I'm weak. I don't think I have the greatest ideas when it comes to theatre operation.

Can any of you offer advice or links to sites where I can learn more about these things? I've learned a lot here already, I'm glad I found the place.

Feel free to ask me questions, I plan to be a contributing member to the boards, I'll answer in a pretty timely fashion.

Any help is appreciated!

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-01-2003 11:26 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to start by grabbing your self your favorite drink and reading a lot of the Ground Level Forum. It may quite possibly have some helpful information for you. [Smile]

Next week you can start at the beginning of the Film Handler's Forum. [Eek!]

BTW, do you do the projection work too?

Ray Bernardi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2003 01:11 PM      Profile for Ray Bernardi   Email Ray Bernardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I do. I've had some training from the guys who service our gear on that. I do it all.

Ray Bernardi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2003 01:12 PM      Profile for Ray Bernardi   Email Ray Bernardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way - that would be a Bud Lite......

Thanks for the edit tip. I'm a newbie, what can I say except d'oh!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-01-2003 01:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem...

-

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: