Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bill Clinton Tapped For Jury Duty! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bill Clinton Tapped For Jury Duty!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-01-2003 11:43 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the link to the article....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030301/ap_on_re_us/clinton_jury_duty

I can only hope this shuts him up for a while so GWB can get the job done with one less baboon harping in his nonsense....
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2003 11:55 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any kind of publicity Mr. Bill can get the better he likes it. Personally if I where a judge I would drop him as he ws disbarred for reasons of bad judgement and shouldn't be relied on to give good judgement. Shit, dont get me started, I just hope the female jurors keep there guard up and if he comes towards them with a cigar in his hand they better run.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 12:08 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does Clinton getting picked for jury duty have to do with Bush doing his job?

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-02-2003 12:56 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good question. I haven't heard of him commenting on Dubya's policies although as a private citizen he has every right to.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 10:26 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can a convicted perjurer be on a jury? I don't think he really knows the difference between right and wrong does he?

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 10:49 AM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think he was convicted, just disbarred.
Convicted would mean Jailed right?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-02-2003 11:21 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, Don't you ever watch TV? Keeping Slick Willie on the jury keeps him off TV and out of the limelight..... [thumbsup]
Mark

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 02:52 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no problems with Clinton being in the limelight. I just dont see what one has to do with the other. I'm sure Bush could care less about Clinton's opinions anyways.

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 03:42 PM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Mike Heenan. If Bill Clinton is on the jury why would Bush care. I think it would be interesting if Clinton was on the jury. I hope he gets picked.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-02-2003 05:15 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I have known you for some time now at the DCinemazone (Movie Sound Page) forum and here at Film Tech and I consider you my friend. It is a very well known fact that you and many conservative Republicans never liked Bill Clinton ever since he entered the political limelight. The man was given no peace of mind by his many political enemies all through eight years of his presidency and now has become a subject of ridicule by people like you and others. Yes, the man had made some very stupid mistakes that almost cost him his job but he is still very much loved my most Americans. I would appreciate it very much if you would please give the man a break by not posting articles about him that has been very offensive to people who still admire him like myself and a few others here. Thank You! [Smile]

-Claude

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 06:06 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
not posting articles about him that has been very offensive to people who still admire him like myself and a few others here.
There are also postings making fun of Bush in this forum, and some conservatives may take offense at that. But even though Im not a fan of Bush and was a Clinton supporter, I would hate to see each other's speech curtailed in the room. Because if they give up their Clinton bashing, I'll have to give up my Bush bashing, and to quote the Sam Neil character in JURASSIC PARK, "where's the fun in that? [Big Grin]

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-02-2003 08:55 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Clinton or his supporters have anything to apologize for insofar as his doing the job of President is concerned. He may have mishandled matters when his private life was dragged into the limelight as a result of a politically motivated lawsuit but that is of little concern to me and I cannot imagine (short of politics, of course!) why it would be of any greater concern to the public than the personal failings of many prominent members of the opposition like Gingrich and Hyde, etc. Everything Mr. Bush does is about helping the rich and deflecting criticism of those policies, like for one thing portraying even the mere discussion of this issue as "class warfare."

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-02-2003 09:11 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Claude,
While I don't personally care for Slick Willie much GWB also has his share of problems too. His speech impediment is one major problem....and at times its hilarious.
But my real problem with the liberal democrats is that they get up and ridicule the conservatives solution to different problems but they have not once come up with any alternative solution. So yes, I will definately continue to make fun of them until they provide some constructive input, that makes sense, to todays problems. Tom Daschle is a prime example of that sort of tom foolery, Hillary is another. For me, its just difficult to believe that someone as dishonest as Bill Clinton is would ever be earmarked for Jury Duty.
Mark

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 09:45 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Tom Daschle is a prime example of that sort of tom foolery, Hillary is another."

Sorry Mark, I'll try to be more serious in the future. [Wink]

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 10:48 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was the deal when Bush took over and there was all that vandalism and stuff removed from the white house?
Anybody remember that?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: