Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Theft Within Theatres

Author Topic: Theft Within Theatres
Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2003 04:07 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I just went to see Analyze That. As usuall I bought my ticket and headed to the auditorium about 10 minutes before the start. I find a good seat, leave my bag and head for the toilet. Nothing unusual, so far.

I return. No bag. Shitty shit shit. 5 minutes later there is me and 2 staff members looking for my bag. Then another guy arrives with my bag. Joy oh sweet joy. Apparently a customer had found it and handed it to lost property.

I watch the film. (quiet funny, De Niro is good). Then I go to buy a ticket to see Solaris which starts in 20 minutes.

Unzip front pocket on bag. No wallet. Shit. Wait. Wallet is in the other pocket. Shit I must of put it in the wrong pocket earlier. Damn I'm a putz.

Then I get in line and flip my wallet open.

It seems that the nice careing customer who handed my bag in also found time to rifel through it, look in my wallet and help themself to the £50 or so in there.

Yeah so all they know is that a customer handed it to them. But apparently one of their staff did have a look in my wallet. As per procedure to look for ID etc and the guy says there was no money when he looked.

The security guy is going to check his tapes tonight and will ring me tomorrow evening. I'm thinking this montherphucker has got to be on tape somewhere. How usefull is that though. I'll see what the security guy says. See if there is anything worthwhile to show the police. Not that the police will bother to do phuck all.

|  IP: Logged

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-02-2003 05:33 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear this. Don't leave your bag unattended ever again. Unfortunately, it just isn't that kind of world anymore.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-02-2003 05:57 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Micahel,

I went to a showing of "DAREDEVIL" yesterday afternoon with my backpack that included a MD and CD player, Bose noise cancelling headset and a few other vaulables. I usually go to the bathroom before entering the auditorium but I also had had to go again during the show. Before leaving my seat, I made sure my bag was out of sight by placing it under my seat in the dark auditorium. I felt as long as no one came in during the show and sat in my seat, the bag should be pretty safe. Regarding your wallet, the same thing happened to me at a McDonald's restaurant recently. My wallet fell out of my pocket and I did not miss it until early the following morning. I called the restaurant and someone did find it and turned it in. When I got the wallet back, it was missing about $68.00 in cash. All of my credit cards, drivers license, my 24hr Fitness membership card, Costco/Sams Club cards and bus pass were still there. I did not suspect the person who turned in the wallet because the wallet was a brand new Tumi leather wallet that cost me $115.00 and looked valuable. If the finder was dishonest, he would have kept the wallet and never turned it in. I almost sure a store employee had taken my money.

-Claude

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 03-02-2003 07:02 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Claude. You were lucky that time. What about your DVD collection? I recall reading that you had to replace a lot of them due to theft. Are you almost done replacing the ones that are still in print?

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-02-2003 07:25 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny,

I did replace some very hard to find titles I was fortunate to find including Walt Disney's "TARZAN"-SE, "A BUG's LIFE"-SE, "SHOW WHITE & THE SEVEN DWARF"-SE. From Fox, I replaced "SOUND OF MUSIC"-SE, "PATTON"-SE, "INDEPENDENCE DAY"-SE, "THE KING & I", "OKLAHOMA", "STATE FAIR", "SOUTH PACIFIC", "THE LONGEST DAY" and "TORA!TORA!TORA!". From MGM, I replaced "THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD" The Warner titles I replaced include "GETTYSBURG" and "CITIZEN KANE". Costco has the complete "DIE HARD" film for $45.00 and I am planning to get them by next week. There are still about fifty more titles I need to replace but since my budget is tight, I have to do it very slowly. This week is a problem because thre are a lot of new stuff I want including"THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL", "JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE WORLD", "THE GLENN MILLER STORY", "BORN FREE/LIVING FREE", the two Superbit titles "DAS BOOT" and "FROM HERE TO ETERNITY" (First time in Stereo) and the Japanese version of "RING" (RINGU).

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: