Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » T-3.....Does anyone really care? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: T-3.....Does anyone really care?
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-03-2003 06:46 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now as far as I am concerned it makes no difference. But what I would like to know is does anyone care or not if this film comes out. What are you antisipations and thoughts about this one.

|  IP: Logged

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 03-03-2003 09:03 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unsure... It'll be interesting to see how this kind of picture does at our indoor, since we're in our first year there.

As for the drive-in... we'll probably stuff the place & still have cars blocking the highway for half a mile in both directions. Pictures like this one, X-men, the Predator pix... heck... even "Con Air" packed 'em in. The second Matrix picture ought to do well. Too bad #3 will be released past the end of our season.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-03-2003 09:26 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have VERY low expectations for it. If it turns out to be any good, it will be a bonus.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-03-2003 10:25 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would rather that this movie just not exist. It has no reason to exist (story wise). Just the thought of a T3 kind of ruins the firt two movies a bit for me.

Nicholas Roznovsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2003 11:11 PM      Profile for Nicholas Roznovsky   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Roznovsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel the same about this one as I did about Jurassic Park III . A new director. No real plot reason for a third film. What's the point? It's pretty much just an obvious stab at making more money.

I guess Ah-nuld could use it though. His recent box office returns have been [bs] . (End of Days, Collateral Damage, The 6th Day, Batman & Robin, need I say more...) Maybe another round of terminatin' could help put a little more zing in his career.

Cause let's face it - if Arnie isn't running around blowing things up then we'll just have to put up with more of Vin Diesel running around and drooling until stuff blows up.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2003 09:52 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm counting on it. Couldn't come at a better time than the 4th of July weekend.

Like Jack said, We're hoping the cars will be lined up to the highway!!

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2003 03:43 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah Arnold got some pretty good pay days for the before mentioned films. I am not really looking too forward to this film and unless it is at least as good as the second one, it is going to bomb at the Boxoffice. I'd actually be more interested in seeing a True Lies 2 myself.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 03-04-2003 05:23 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
from Barry...
I'm counting on it. Couldn't come at a better time than the 4th of July weekend.

Well said from a fellow exhibitor! [beer]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-04-2003 05:26 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
T3 should (hopefully) do good for our drive-in Thursday to Sunday & Tuesday. I doubt that Monday and Wednesday will be that busy though. [Frown] It'll really depend on what day most people get off work for Canada Day -- it'll probably be Friday (which will be convenient for Monday bookings), but Monday would provide for a better Sunday four feature.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 03-05-2003 12:05 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have the same problem with July 4, Daryl.
There are several well-organized fireworks displays in our area... shot from barges on our waterways. That, plus individual home-based celebrations kills most of our business. What's left is usually a very small group of displaced revelers, seemingly intent on setting fire to whatever dry grass they can find around here. It's pretty depressing, considering we'd also like to be out watching the big displays. So.... we generally close on the 4th, though I'm unsure we could get away with it on a Friday, which is when the 4th is this year. [Frown]

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-05-2003 03:16 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do not know why some of you are not looking forward to the the 3rd installment of the Terminator series. If it turns out to be bad, than knock it especially if it does not perform well a the box office. You just got to give Warner Brothers credit for producing a film that will bring many people into theatres and I know "TERMINATOR 3". will. If the studio does what George Lucas has been doing with his "STAR WARS" film by asking for more up front money in order to show his film, than that is
another matter but I am sure the new Terminator film will not come with a George Lucas type demand. I hope not, anyhow.

-Claude

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2003 04:05 PM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do this thread even exist? Why are people against T3? Does T3 effect you personally? Do you know first hand what the actual story of T3 is about ( other than what the title represents )? Are you let down that Jim is not directing. Do you hate Mostows directing? Is it because you think Arnold is too old for that kind of character today?

I would like to hear more reasons why some of you people think it's gonna bomb, before you have had a chance to see the actual movie. I don't think it's going to do as well as Matrix Reloaded, but I think it will do very well at the box office. All of this is just an opinion though. [beer]

Joe Morris
Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2003 04:25 PM      Profile for Joe Morris   Email Joe Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't T3 supposed to be about the end of the war against the machines? or is it going to be like T2 where they just fight in the present? I thought they were going to do the third in the future and show the end of the war...but if that isn't the case, i'll just wait for Bad Boys 2 instead.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-05-2003 04:35 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless the reviews are savagely bad, T3 will probably open very big and be good for theatres, and that's all good. The reasons I have low expectations for THE MOVIE: 1) There seems to be no need to continue the story except to make money (but it remains to be seen how well they handle that); 2) Sequels of big action movies are often disappointing, probably the majority are disappointing, so the odds are not good going in; 3) Ahnuld is getting old and I would just as soon remember him in his earlier roles than see him possibly looking bad in an action film now, though the degree of that issue's seriousness also remains to be seen.

Nobody WANTS T3 to fail (it's not a Miramax film is it?? [Wink] ). But when it comes to sequels, it's usually prudent to set low expectations and hope for a pleasant surprise.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2003 05:14 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terminator 3 will go out through Warner Bros. in US/Canada, Sony (Columbia) elsewhere.

The Fourth of July release I'm looking forward to is Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde.

WHAT?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: