Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Jack-o Curses Spielberg

Author Topic: Jack-o Curses Spielberg
Nicholas Roznovsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2003 12:25 AM      Profile for Nicholas Roznovsky   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Roznovsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Embattled pop star Michael Jackson wears a prosthetic nose and once paid $150,000 for a "voodoo curse" to kill director Steven Spielberg despite being deep in debt, Vanity Fair magazine reported on Monday...

Vanity Fair reported in the article that in 2000 Jackson attended a voodoo ritual in Switzerland where a witch doctor promised that Spielberg, music mogul David Geffen and 23 other people on the entertainer's list of enemies would die.

Jackson, who underwent a "blood bath" as part of the ritual, then ordered his former business adviser Myung-Ho Lee to wire $150,000 to a bank in Mali for a voodoo chief named Baba, who sacrificed 42 cows for the ceremony, the magazine reported.

For the curious, the entire news story can be found at Yahoo! News

Okay, I probably don't want to know, but why does The King Of Pop want ol' Steve dead? Anybody have any theories? Does it have something to do with casting Robin Williams and not Freaky Mikey as Peter Pan in Hook?

On a side note, 42 cows! [beer] If you gotta be weird, do it big!

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2003 02:52 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] That story seems more grocery stand tabloid material than Vanity Fair!

It's all very sad, and bizzare.

Danny

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-04-2003 02:54 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Vanity Fair reported in the article that in 2000 Jackson attended a voodoo ritual in Switzerland where a witch doctor promised that Spielberg, music mogul David Geffen and 23 other people on the entertainer's list of enemies would die.
Isn't that kind of a conspiracy to commit 'murder'.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-04-2003 08:37 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I don't think it's murder.

Speilberg and Geffen, et. al. WILL die!
The witch doctor just didn't say WHEN they will die. His prediction will eventually come true... someday!

[Big Grin]

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 03-04-2003 11:32 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the witch doctor tell Jacko, by attending this ritual.

That [Eek!] strange [Eek!] side effects may happen, like
his nose may fall off.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-04-2003 11:59 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The author of that Vanity Fair article was on the Today show this morning. The gist of it was, Jacko is a pedophile going way back before and after the incident in 1993. In that particular case, the victim described certain characteristics of MJ's equipment perfectly -- the police photographed him and the boy was right. She says MJ knows EXACTLY what he's doing at all times, and consistently behaves like "Peter Pan" to justify his bad habits. Believes that all publicity is good publicity. And is on the verge of going broke -- owes someone $240M and doesn't have the money.

That's some of what she said anyway.

Nicholas Roznovsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2003 11:17 PM      Profile for Nicholas Roznovsky   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Roznovsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was right!
quote:
Okay, I probably don't want to know, but why does The King Of Pop want ol' Steve dead? Anybody have any theories? Does it have something to do with casting Robin Williams and not Freaky Mikey as Peter Pan in Hook?

And now, today on IMDB's Studio Report:
quote:
Sources claim former pals Jackson and Spielberg fell out after the director refused to cast him in 1991 Hollywood movie Hook.
Apparently, I'm incredibly insightful. And Jack-o is incredibly wacko.

42 cows!!!! [Eek!]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-04-2003 11:22 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
42 cows!!!!
I guess he had a beef with a lot of people. [Wink]

Nicholas Roznovsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2003 11:24 PM      Profile for Nicholas Roznovsky   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Roznovsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the risk of grossing out everyone on the planet:

It also seems that he might have been sharing his beef with a lot of underage boys. [Wink]

Ugh, I just disgusted myself. I gotta go [puke] .

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: