Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Fun thing in Italy

Author Topic: Fun thing in Italy
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2003 06:16 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody!

Since I started watching this forum, I saw many booth tools that none knows in Italy. Filmguard, platters, strange splicers, strange spools, reels and go on.

Only in the last few years many megaplex were born and Italians projectionist started working with platters.

I've just started working for Warner Village in my town and I was stunned when I saw the booth tools! I saw and I touched with my hands brand, name and tools that I just heard before. Jack roe, Kelmar... Was so strange! Finally I have right tools to work in a booth!

My manager told me that they have a special liquid to remove dirt from print.
Brad, you can imagine my face when I saw a box with "Film-Guard" on it!!!

It's so strange! And we often call that strange tools as "the USA way"... [Smile] [Smile]

Bye
Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2003 08:46 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats odd given that your from Florence. I would have thought that in the south, perhaps around Salarno or Naples, booths would be more traditional.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 01:06 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More traditional?
You mean like with projection booths designed by Brunelleschi?

Sandie Caffelle
Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 07:29 AM      Profile for Sandie Caffelle   Author's Homepage   Email Sandie Caffelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You see Antonio

Just when you thought it was safe - Jack Roe pops up again !!

Sandie

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2003 05:22 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sandie,
Yes sadly Jack Roe pops up everywhere. Even here!
[Smile]

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2003 10:08 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, more traditional.

Not to start some anti-Italy campaign here or anything, but most know that the further south one goes in Italy the more traditional and laid back the lifestyle is. Milan, Florence, Genoa - northern Italy is far more industrialized and modern than the south. Thats not to say the south is still in the 19th Century, but face it, they are behind their northern countrymen and there is sometimes political friction.

To bring it back to a theatre focused post, I'm just surprised Antonio hasn't worked with equipment most film handlers in Europe have been exposed to and consider essential to the job.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2003 04:52 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron,

Most of Italian 1-screen theater has automatic changeover, with two projector. With this setup most of your tools become not essential.

Now I started with a Multiplex and I finally touch with hands what I daily see on this forum!!!!

Bye
Antonio

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: