Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » My 2003 Booth Tour!

Author Topic: My 2003 Booth Tour!
Andrew Duggan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 01:52 AM      Profile for Andrew Duggan   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Duggan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this June my band is going on a 20-or-so day tour of the midwest, and parts of the east coast and the south. And the thing my bandmates hate the most about going on the road with me is that whenever were go, I'm *constantly* out looking for old and interesting movie theaters, trying to fanagle tours of various booths, and basically hunting for things of projectionist interest. It drives them nuts, and this tour will be no exception! So don't be too surprised if we roll through your town and you find me pawing at your projection booth door! [Smile] Any spots/theaters/etc you guys could recommend that I might find interesting or at least "Shut-Up-And-Stop-The-Van-I-Want-To-Check-This-Place-Out" worthy, please let me know! I don't have a complete schedule of where/when we'll be yet, but so far I know we've got confirmed dates in Buffalo NY, Chicago, IL, Minneapolis MN, Madison WI, Lawrence KS, Tulsa OK, Memphis TN, Nashville TN, Baltimore MD, Philadelphia PA, and NYC.

Hope to see some of you on the road! [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-13-2003 06:18 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew - What date and place are you playing in New York City?

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 11:34 AM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you coming any farther south, than what you stated?

Geoffrey Weiss
Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 12:04 PM      Profile for Geoffrey Weiss   Email Geoffrey Weiss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you get to Lawrence, see if you can find the old Reuter Organ plant where they shot part of "Carnival of Souls." Downtown on the main drag there's a theatre converted for live performances, but I don't remember the name.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 01:05 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, what's the name of your band, and where are you playing in Madison and Minneapolis?

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-13-2003 01:07 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew's band is Police Line.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: