Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Who else got sick (literally) after showest? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Who else got sick (literally) after showest?
Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 03-13-2003 09:00 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been fighting the likes of something aweful for the last few days. has anyone else developed flu-like symptoms? Perhaps food is to blame [puke]
Josh

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-13-2003 09:12 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You ate that ocean food didn't you.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-13-2003 09:15 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl! YOU BUM! You beat me to it! I was going to say it was from all that RED meat!

Josh: I sincerely hope you feel better. Paul told me the other day he had the same thing.

>>> Phil

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-13-2003 09:18 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sushi for lunch today. Five different kinds of raw fish. There was tuna, salmon, some kind of whitefish I can't remember, and a couple other unidentified varieties. With seaweed wrap. MMmmm... Raw, slimy fish. [Wink] (sorry) (that's twice today)

I hate being sick. [Frown] Get well.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-13-2003 09:22 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You and me both Josh. I was sick for a few days after ShoWest too, but it's finally leaving (slowly). How much do you want to bet it was that waitress at your hotel who was sick that served us our food Thursday afternoon?

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-13-2003 09:25 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waitpersons and other foodhandlers who are obviously sick on the job should be BANNED!! I HATE IT when someone handling my food is hacking up lung butter. A couple weeks ago I was at Wendys and the girl putting my order together was coughing all over it. I threw the whole thing in the trash and went somewhere else. It's not worth saving $3 to risk getting sick. [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-13-2003 09:27 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree about the waiters/waitresses. That has been a major source of illness for me too before. It REALLY annoys me when they sneeze on my food. I think the restaurants should not let them work when they are ill.

>>> Phil

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 03-13-2003 09:43 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has lessened to the point where I can run practice again, although very bundled up. I still wont go near the icing bath though. [Wink] I heard Aaron got sick as well, hope you get better too, Brad.

Thanks for the wishes guys.

Josh

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 03-13-2003 10:02 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever it was, it knocked me on my butt until this morning, where I was finally able to do something constructive.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-13-2003 10:10 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming there wasn't a rash of people who attended the Film-Tech Drink that got sick, that lunch visit was probably the cause. That's the only other place where everyone was together. Anyone know how Kat fared?

WTF is an icing bath?

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 10:25 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think the restaurants should not let them work when they are ill.
Same goes for concessionaires at theaters! I don't know how many times I've walked up to a concession stand to be greeted by some sniffling, sneezing, coughing teenage kid rubbing their nose in their sleeve every thirty seconds. [puke]

I had a friend that worked in a restaurant once who tried to call in sick, and they told him he HAD to come in NO MATTER WHAT since no one could cover for him. I wonder how many people got sick at THAT place that night. [Roll Eyes]

=TMP=

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 10:43 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ky got sick too. He didn't eat anyplace you guys ate.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2003 10:45 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a version of "Legionaires Disease called "FilmTechers Disease'.
Seriously though, get well and watch it out there.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 03-13-2003 10:49 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, Aaron mentioned to me that Kat fared OK on that one. [Smile]

I think an "Icing Bath" is where track runners stand in a tub of ice-cold water to freeze their balls off after practice.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-13-2003 10:57 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think an "Icing Bath" is where track runners stand in a tub of ice-cold water to freeze their balls off after practice.
OK, now WTF would you want to do that for?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: