Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » prank calls

Author Topic: prank calls
Mark Maxwell
Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2003 03:08 AM      Profile for Mark Maxwell   Email Mark Maxwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As some of you might knoe I recently has to leave my theater. On top off that my girlfriend who worked there wanted nothing to do with me after that because I didn't work there anymore. The new manager has a crush on her, and evesdropped on the conversation where she dumped me. They've become close, and I keep getting prank phonecalls from the theater. They obviousley don't know about caller ID. I want to call the police to end the harrasment, but at the same time i want to be the good guy and let everything be cool. Should I pretend it's not bothering me, or tell her that it is over!!!, and to stay the hell away from me.

|  IP: Logged

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2003 03:22 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are being harassed at home. Call the police and call the DM as well. Once the DM gets wind of it, the calls should stop.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-14-2003 07:41 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check with the phone company; you might be able to get calls from that number blocked so that your phone will not even ring when someone from that number calls you.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-14-2003 02:26 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is what I do not understand: you said she dumped you, but later you ask if you should tell her it is over. But I thought it was over already [Confused]
Anyway, letting them play their stupid games with you does make you the good guy. Don`t react aggressively, but let them know that you won`t have that.
I always handle my personal affairs myself - but in a case like this you could actually have a lot of fun by bringing in the police and they might get into a lot of trouble. That will teach them.

Mark Maxwell
Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2003 01:32 AM      Profile for Mark Maxwell   Email Mark Maxwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michaele,
The reason I wanted to tell her it was over is because she dumped me, and now won't let it alone. She chose that route, and won't leave me alone. We're over, that's it. I'd be fine with that if I didn't have to worry about the phone ringing and it was her being stupid and throwing everything in my face, or her new boyfriend hanging up on me. The only good thing about her doing this, is that if I have to take the case to court for stalking, I am deffinately the good guy.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-15-2003 10:17 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a stalking situation as no credible threat (nor any threat at all) has been made against you. Call the DM and explain that you are receiving prank calls from a phone line belonging to his theatre, who the likely caller is/are, and if it does not stop immediately you will be filing a formal complaint with the police. (It would be harrassment by telephone, not stalking.) I think they'll stop pretty quickly especially given Section 6 below.

Texas - Effective September 1, 2001.

Sec. 42.07. HARASSMENT.

1. A person commits an offense if, with intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass another, he:
1. initiates communication by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication and in the course of the communication makes a comment, request, suggestion, or proposal that is obscene;
2. threatens, by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the threat, to inflict bodily injury on the person or to commit a felony against the person, a member of his family or household, or his property;
3. conveys, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the report, a false report, which is known by the conveyor to be false, that another person has suffered death or serious bodily injury;
4. causes the telephone of another to ring repeatedly or makes repeated telephone communications anonymously or in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another;
5. makes a telephone call and intentionally fails to hang up or disengage the connection;
6. knowingly permits a telephone under the person's control to be used by another to commit an offense under this section; or
7. sends repeated electronic communications in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-15-2003 10:43 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like this is the next episode of some soap opera comming on in this thread! Geez!
Mark

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-15-2003 11:49 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, moderator! Shouldn't this be in Yak?

[EDIT] OK, here it is. [Smile]

[ 03-15-2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: