Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Finding Friends.. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Finding Friends..
Douglas Curry
Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2003 12:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Curry   Author's Homepage   Email Douglas Curry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little post to ask for other Aussie Techs/Projection types to drop a line..

I've seen a few of you (read your posts) over the past months, and would like a central place to find you for some 'local' help should the need arise [Smile]

cheers all. [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-22-2003 02:25 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Movin' to Yak.

Douglas Curry
Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2003 08:44 AM      Profile for Douglas Curry   Author's Homepage   Email Douglas Curry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Frown] sorry.. [Wink] [Smile] [Razz]

John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2003 11:50 AM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas, good point raised.
I am from Adelaide and would be pleased to hear further from you re our profession. I feel sure the other Aussies on here will read your post.
Let me know further contact details either by e-mail or post and I can send you my contact and fax details.
Do you know of Chris Byrne who is a fellow Qlander to you and a fellow Aussie colleague.
Regards, John Spooner.

Douglas Curry
Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2003 09:33 AM      Profile for Douglas Curry   Author's Homepage   Email Douglas Curry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so happens that Chris Byrne is my Tech and mentor [Big Grin]

I work at the Townsville, QLD Birch, Carroll & Coyle under him.

oh, and check ur email ;-)

Gunnar Johansson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2003 04:05 PM      Profile for Gunnar Johansson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Johansson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donīt mean to high-jack the thread but itīs nicely titled...
Any other Swedes here? Havenīt seen any yet, but that doesnīt mean theyīre not here?
Any other Students or people showing films in a kind of Student Union (or similar) enviroment?
//Gunnar, who when not looking for old friends is looking for new friends... [Smile]

John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2003 10:46 AM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gunnar, there is a gentleman who regularly posts on here who would be your counterpart in the UK. He is Micheal Brown and he is the chief operator at the Bradford Student Union theatre.
You will easily spot him by the ghastly shade of purple he has turned in his latest picture.
Best wishes. John Spooner, South Australia.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-25-2003 10:59 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started a thread once about the non-US film tech members sorted by country. To get an overview of all participating nations. I think I`ll look for it and bump it up back to the top.
I don`t think I have seen another member from Sweden.

John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2003 11:17 AM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Micheal,(Gisela) will look forward to your list appearing.
Rgards "The skunk".
The picture of your work uniform was good, the operators must be a flamboyant swashbuckling crew! The picture of Manny going to work was good, did he know his picture was being taken as it looks extremely natural. It must be difficult for him to kneel or bend to guide the film around the lower sprockets in his tight pants and high heels!!

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-25-2003 11:24 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Manny is very practiced at bending and kneeling I think.

Matthew Nock
Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2003 03:29 AM      Profile for Matthew Nock   Email Matthew Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just a little post to ask for other Aussie Techs/Projection types to drop a line..

I've seen a few of you (read your posts) over the past months, and would like a central place to find you for some 'local' help should the need arise

cheers all.

Hey there Douglas!

I am based in Sale, in Victoria - would be great also to get a good idea of ozzies in the projection field... Michael's list is coming along quite nicely.

Feel free to give me a yell anytime if you have probs! [Smile]

Cheers.

John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2003 08:53 AM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Matthew.
Tried to send you an e-mail but was advised it was blocked.
The question was "is the Sale cinema still screening?"
I saw an article about it in a previous Kino magazine.
Regards. John Spooner, Adelaide South Australia.

Adrian Steiner
Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2003 10:37 AM      Profile for Adrian Steiner   Email Adrian Steiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Any other Students or people showing films in a kind of Student Union (or similar) enviroment?
Yep. For a little bit more than a year now.

Cheers,
Adi

Gunnar Johansson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2003 01:53 PM      Profile for Gunnar Johansson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Johansson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there!
I found Michael Brown and e-mailed him. Now I found Adi. Iīll e-mail him too. UK is just a fun boatride away, and Switzerland to suprisingly many people is the same as Sweden so not too many problems there.
Thanks for the help, and thanks Michael Schaffer for bumping your old thread back up again, now it seems I am the only swede. Too bad, and I found the link from a swedish website, but maybe they just found it and didnīt want to register.
Seems to me I just keep reading and reading, and every time I come back something new has happened. Got to read faster to keep up. Never mind school... Great that Iīm in a different time zone so people donīt post while I read.
//Gunnar

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-26-2003 01:59 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Switzerland to suprisingly many people is the same as Sweden
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

quote:
now it seems I am the only swede.
If you know other people who are interested in the cinema in Sweden, you could motivate them to register too.

Inger Nilsson rules!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: