Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Academy presentation Speeches (no political comments) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Academy presentation Speeches (no political comments)
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2003 09:32 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else damn near GAG when Michael Moore {No clue where I got Donovan) (Bowling for Colombine) spewed on about his own Antiwar agenda? Did ABC kill the mic as they promised? HEll no... Hey ABC.. I'll be the first to offer a big [fu] you [bs] heads. It's no wonder I watch so much TLC and TDC anymore...

Why can't these glorified FAKES get their shit together and simply do what they were asked to do????????? NOT SPEW THEIR OWN POLITICAL AGENDA ON STAGE?????

[ 03-24-2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Jason Black ]

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 03-23-2003 09:36 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was Michael Moore not Donovan. Instead of killing the mic they cued the music...a little too late.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-23-2003 09:38 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A winner gets a certain amount of time to say whatever they want. It would have been wrong to cut him off early just because people disagreed with what he was saying (and there were plenty who agreed). Certainly more interesting than hearing someone thank his agent's girlfriend's hairdresser. Moore saying something about the war was absolutely 100% expected.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 03-23-2003 09:42 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did like how he had all the nominees on stage with him, I thought that was well shared.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-23-2003 09:53 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I loved about his speech is that he showed his absolute contempt for the Constitution of the United States, and his deep dark desire for people to not read it anymore.

Remember that the president is not chosen by popular vote, but the far left is constant on thier attack of the constitution that prevents it. Actually they spend thier time pretending that it doesn't exist.

I never once heard Micheal Moore speak out against Bill Clinton when he invaded Somalia, Bosnia, Serbia, or even yes... Iraq. Funny how intellecually devoid people like him are. They only speak out when it is thier party NOT in power. Otherwise they shut thier traps.

I noticed that MOST people were Booing, not cheering Mr. Moore.

And I loved Steve Martins reply to the idiot moore, about stuffing him into the trunk of his limo.

Is this the most BOOOOORING show ever or what? Is it that the most boring movies of all time are the ones up for awards?

Yeah, thats it.

Dave

PS... Once again I am back from the dead, at least for a short while. Well as long as the medication holds out anyway.

Ciao.

[beer] [evil]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-23-2003 10:00 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Moore, you should shut your big, fat mouth and go eat a sandwich!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-23-2003 10:04 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They may be free to say whatever they want, even if it is their own personal agenda, but do they actually think they'll change the world by doing so? Is Bush gonna stop the war because Michael Moore doesn't like it? Is he gonna fight harder because some other actor/director/whoever supports it? Nah.

I don't really wanna hear it, so I'm not watching the Oscars. I'll look up the results online later. I'm sure there will be a thread somewhere here on Film-Tech with all of the results. [Smile]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-23-2003 10:06 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
No further discussion on Michael Moore or Adrian Brody's political/war comments on this thread.

Any further comments regarding Michael Moore's speech in this forum will be deleted and if necessary the member removed from posting for a few days.

Feel free to discuss any other non-political Academy speeches here.

I am starting a new thread in the Political forum for the discussion of those two and any other people who made comments about the war here.

That being said, they should have cut off Adrian Brody sooner than they did. They let him talk a LONG time before they started the music, then when he told them to stop playing...THEY DID! Meanwhile they cut off other recipients when they probably needed a few more seconds to finish up. The Academy needs to get their shit together, give these guys more time to talk and rid the broadcast of all that useless garbage.

Question to the Adademy...why do you have each nominated song performed in it's entirity, yet you only show a minute's worth of a movie? Next year, just sing the main verse of each song and give the recipients more time to talk! We can also do without much of the other fluff clip montages.

[ 03-24-2003, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-23-2003 10:36 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as a general observation, with the top awards they will let them go on longer and will usually back off if the winner insists on talking. How long did Halle Berry blubber last year? It does produce some memorable moments such as Sally Field gushing "You like me! You really like me!"

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-23-2003 10:40 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that too, it's just that I strongly feel they should give everyone an equal amount of time. Sure the general public would rather listen to the recipient of the "best actor" vs. "best sound editing", but all awards are just as important as each other.

What did I just miss anyway? They went on and on and on showing old recipients of the awards which seemed to have no point. What did they kill, 10-15 minutes there???

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 03-23-2003 10:51 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda liked that. Sort of like playing "Dead or Canadian".

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-23-2003 11:15 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay... How many people who have made controversial statements during speeches (not necessarily Oscars) have found themselves quietly "black listed" in upcoming years?

Thank you L. Ron Hubbard!
Free Tibet!

I don't think Geere or Cruise will see an Oscar any time soon, do you?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-23-2003 11:29 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would any of you expect anything less from Michael Moore???? I was actually expecting him to crash the Oscars.....
Mark

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2003 11:30 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. Thought the show was very suprising and entertaining. Steve Martin did a great job and I'd like to see him back again. Of course, I'll never be totally happy because no Best Pic for Minority Report...oh well.

AJG

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-23-2003 11:39 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Martin was a GREAT host! [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: