Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Cinerama At The Dome? When? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cinerama At The Dome? When?
Roger Manning Jr
Film Handler

- posted 03-27-2003 02:54 PM      Profile for Roger Manning Jr   Email Roger Manning Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have info on when the next Cinerama showing at the Dome in L.A. will be [Confused] The Cinerama Adventure site has not been updated in a long time. I would like to go up there to see How The West Was Won if they are going to show it.
Thanks Roger

|  IP: Logged

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2003 08:30 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AFAIK there are tentative plans to run HTWWW at the Dome sometime late spring/ early summer but nothing definite as yet.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 03-28-2003 09:26 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick, how was the widescreen weekend, I wasn't able to make it again this year?

Have you considered trying to get one of the kinopanorama films sometime?

Also, as another special event, how about a full day Imax festival sometime, running some of the older films hat we haven't seen for some years?

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2003 10:37 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all went well though sadly I wasn't in attendance as I have had a rather nasty ear infection which laid me up for two weeks and I the developed Bell's palsey in the left of my face! [Frown] I blame it on the Canadians [Wink] as it started shortly afterI returned from my six weeks in Toronto.

We have occasionally run short festivals of IMAX golden oldies . There was a tentative plan to do it this year as 2003 marks the 20th anniversary of IMAX in Bradford but it fell through.

Perhaps next year for the 21st Birthday celebrations!

Andrew Lee
Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2003 08:08 AM      Profile for Andrew Lee   Email Andrew Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I truly hope you get better soon. [thumbsup] You probably got sick because you did not drink enough beer. [beer]

Andrew

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 03-31-2003 08:17 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You probably got sick because you were in Oakville [Razz] -- maybe it's the pollution from the Ford plant.

I suppose the wind could have been blowing east from Hamilton while you were here... that could explain lots too. [Smile]

Hope you get well soon... I know a few people that have come down with Bell's Palsey lately, all of them 'cleared up' in a few months time. [Frown] [Smile]

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 03-31-2003 08:20 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about the illness Dick, hope you're feeling better.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2003 01:32 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Luckily the BP seems to be clearing up real fast so I no longer dribble my beer out the left side of my mouth [Embarrassed]

All I have to do now is hope the SARS problem in Toronto clears up before I fly out there again in mid May!

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 04-02-2003 12:52 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Dick, they just expanded hospital access restrictions to ALL hospitals in Ontario, no longer just the hospitals in the GTA. So it might be a while yet.

Somewhat annoying, as a few of my classes, which were in the McMaster University Medical Centre lecture halls, have been cancelled.

On the plus side (for you anyway) there probably won't be any snow by then. It did snow today though. [thumbsup]

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2003 05:34 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just heard from a relibale source that a brand new three-strip Technicolor print of "How The West Was Won" opens at The Cinerama Dome Theatre on Sunset Boulevard May 2nd.

Christopher Seo
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2003 01:56 PM      Profile for Christopher Seo   Email Christopher Seo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
brand new three-strip Technicolor print...
You mean, a new dye-transfer print? I'd heard that dye transfer is once again RIP. If this is true I'd definitely have to catch it.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 04-16-2003 12:34 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope they give more notice than just a couple weeks! Didn't the Seattle people get complaints for this very reason recently? I'd like to come and see a show but give us a chance to make some plans, jeez!

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2003 04:14 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris wrote:
quote:
You mean, a new dye-transfer print? I'd heard that dye transfer is once again RIP. If this is true I'd definitely have to catch it.

I'd like to know also. What is the story with the status of the IBTech line? Technicolor's website lists dye-transfer printing as one of their current services, however some people have said that the new line was shut down and taken apart again a year or so ago.

[Confused]

Danny

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-16-2003 09:47 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick you must have caught that ear infection fromthe fact we drank at a pub that excluded serving tetleys (at your request)

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2003 10:11 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon

Beware I will be back in 4 weeks [beer] My round this time! [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: