Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Michael Schaffer: Meet my niece. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Michael Schaffer: Meet my niece.
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 06:29 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your name is not Michael Schaffer you will not understand this; don't worry about it.

Michael, meet my niece; this is tiny Tears.

-

Three and four year olds like playing with her; forty five year olds do not.

You will notice that she has her initials on her dress, and on her nappies. She also has them embossed on her bottom, I think this is some new alternative to body piercing and tattooing.

Tiny, say 'Hello' to uncle michael.

<Tiny says 'Goo Goo', and makes strange gurgling noises.>

Tiny, would you like to go to Germany and meet uncle Michael?

<Tiny Tears makes more strange gurgling noises.>

<Uncle Stephen puts Tiny tears in box, secures lid with large quantity of string and sealing wax, addresses label to Berlin, and heads in general direction of post office, with evil grin on his face.>

<Strange gurgling noises coming from inside box.>

<Distraught Mummy questions uncle Stephen; she wants to know where Tiny Tears is.>

<Uncle Stephen decides it would be best to deny all knowledge of Tiny Tears, and keeps his fingers crossed that Mummy doesn't notice the strange gurgling noises from inside the post office van fading into the distance.>

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 04-02-2003 06:37 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You two obviously spent way too much time in chat yesterday!

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 06:44 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl, next time Mummy brings Tiny Tears for me to play with, I'll tell her that I'm a bit busy at the moment, but that you would love to play with her!

Michael said they don't have Tiny Tears in Germany. I don't think I need a visa for Germany, I'll go and book a one-way flight this afternoon.

[ 04-02-2003, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Stephen Furley ]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 04-02-2003 11:06 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe there are Tiny Tears here, but I had never heard about them. I don`t play with puppets.
I prefer to play with Lego in my spare time. Recently I saw an ad for a Phil Hill action doll, maybe I get one of them though.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 11:13 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those Phil Hill action dolls are on sale now at the Toys-R-Us
store in Times Square. They are on the second floor next to
the Reservoir Dogs Dolls. The only problem is they say there
made by a company called TES.

[beer]

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 11:17 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael wrote:

quote:

Maybe there are Tiny Tears here

Oh no! I thought I'd finally found somewhere I could go to get away from her!

Then he wrote:

quote:

THEIR is when something belongs to many
THERE is when something is not here

Don't forget 'your' and 'you're' as well.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 04-02-2003 11:28 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should all be aware that "Tiny Tears is living with my Grand Daughter..in the Bronx. She is happy and content.

She say's thank you for all your concern. [Smile]

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 11:38 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob wrote:

quote:

Tiny Tears is living with my Grand Daughter..in the Bronx.

Bob, I wish the mother of this Tiny Tears lived in the Bronx, rather than in Croydon. She would then be living several thousand miles away from me, and couldn't keep bringing me her wretched doll, sorry, dear little baby, to play with!

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 04-02-2003 11:40 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 12:47 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's it, they have a giant one next to the ferris wheel in the store. I just found out its made out of old TES reels. This could be the next Pokemon fad.
[Eek!] [Eek!] We better watch out. [Eek!] [Eek!]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-02-2003 12:48 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't this have been better as a Private Message?

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 04-02-2003 01:11 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen probably wanted to share this valuable info not just with me, but with everyone interested in the highly important subject of dolls.
For instance, Manny told us in chat that he had a big collection of dolls. He combs them, he dresses them and plays tea party with them.
I wonder if he already has this one:

-

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2003 01:20 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wonder if he already has this one:
...And you wonder why I still haven't sent in my pic yet??

Paul Goulet

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 04-02-2003 07:23 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my...ummmm, that is just wrong.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2003 01:55 AM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That picture of Miss R - Doesn't it just need a bit of coloring to win the prize as Film-Tech Niece of the Year..? [eyes]

p.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: