Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Goodbye, at least for now.

Author Topic: Goodbye, at least for now.
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 02:32 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because of various problems which have arisen in the past few days, partly work related, partly technical and partly financial, I will be unable to participate in these forums, at least for a while. Thanks for all the help. Hope to be back sometime in the future.

I will still be working at the same place, and if anybody wishes to contact me my e-mail address is still valid, but there may be a delay of several days before I am able to respond.

Best wishes to all.

|  IP: Logged

Gunnar Johansson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2003 02:52 PM      Profile for Gunnar Johansson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Johansson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, and see you around!
I thought the whole world, or at least western civilisation was going online, so you could find somewhere to keep updated, but I donīt know your situation, so maybe not.
We will be glad everytime we see you...

//Gunnar

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 03:05 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shephen

Thanks and Good Luck [thumbsup]

See you soon

Bill

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 03:09 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been asked what happened, briefly:

The work related problems are that due to a restructuring of the I.T. services department at the College, I've been moved to a different section, dealing with development, rather than day to day support. I will be moving from a senior post where I am now to very much the junior partner of the three people in the new section. This, combined with a new acceptable use policy, means that it will be almost impossible for me to participate from work. In addition, I am being sent on some residential training courses, and so will be away from the office for several days at a time. Between now and September, we will be very busy, I will be working late most nights.

The technical problems are that my home computer, an early Pentium, blew up this morning, and I cannot repair it.

The financial problems are that I cannot afford to replace it at the moment, at least until the next pay day, and possibly the May one.

One last problem is that I am doing a private, unpaid, job for someone which involves inspecting and repairing a large amount of film, this will tak up what little remaining spare time I have.

Hope to see you all when I've got this sorted out.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-02-2003 03:27 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen,

Good luck and God speed and hope to hear from you again real soon. Take Care!

-Claude

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2003 05:20 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Remember the good old tune: Be back Soon"

All the best

Per

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 04-02-2003 07:21 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen, You have friends at the tech. God's speed....to you.

Please come back.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2003 09:45 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its not Goodbye, its just a hiatus.
Hurry Back [thumbsup]

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2003 10:13 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's hoping they wake up and pay you what you're worth, so you'll have enough to buy computers for yourself and your friends! And remember that old tune,
"Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag, and smile, smile smile!"
All the best--or as we say stateside,
"Y'all come back now, y'hear?"

Gerard

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-07-2003 03:29 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bad news, I'm back, well sort of, much sooner than I expected.

Work have kindly donated me some parts from some scrap computers which we have in store, to enable me to get my home computer working again, There's not enough memory to run Windows 2000, but luckily I have 98 on the disk as well. The SCSI card won't work in the new motherboard, so I can't use my film scanner at the moment, and my network connection is down to 10Mb/s, but that's fast enough. The keyboard port is dead, so I'm on an old Apple keyboard via a ADB to USB adapter. A bit strange, but it works.

I still can't participate from work, and won't be spending much time at home for a while, except when asleep, so I won't be spending much time here for a while.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: