Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Frankenstein at the Loew's Jersey (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Frankenstein at the Loew's Jersey
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-20-2003 11:47 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else going to the Frankenstein screenings next Saturday and Sunday (26th and 27th)? If so, come and say 'hello'.

I will be in the queue outside before the show, and in the lobby during the interval, and will be wearing a red and gold Loew's Jersey shirt. Always glad to meet others from here, I think I've met seven of you now, Bob Furmanek, Bernie Anderson Jr., Leo Enticknap, Darren Briggs, Bernard Tomks, Ben Wales and Peter Hall, so there're quite a few still to go!

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-21-2003 06:28 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen

Will you be bring that doll to the show. Or is she taking a holiday with Michael? [Smile]

I may be there on one of those days. [beer]

Bill

[ 04-21-2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Bill Gabel ]

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-21-2003 07:06 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, one of the good things about going to New York is that I get five whole days without having to live in fear of Tiny tears and her mummy coming to see me! She's four now, and every day that goes past she gets a day older, so hopefully she will soon understand that 45 year olds do not play with baby dolls.

Have you been to the Loew's before? Hope you can make it to one of the shows, but I won't know what you look like, you don't have a photo.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-21-2003 07:29 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shephen

No I have not had a chance to go see the Loew's Jersey yet.
I get these film makers that like to spoil some of my weekends
with last minute screenings. But this weekend looks clear so
far. No I haven't got a picture ready yet. Of me not at a
company party. [Big Grin] But soon
So beware of a guy wearing a black THX hat. I heard he maybe
asking for change outside the theatre. [Big Grin]
[beer]

Bill

Does that mean tiny tears is with Michael???

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-22-2003 12:30 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephen,

Is the showing the original 1931 version starring Boris Karloff? I remember seeing this when I was a little boy and recall being very frightened. The movie was released on DVD several years ago and I think it is now out of print because it is very hard to find. I was told used copies are going for over a hundred dollars on ebey and I am happy I still own a copy.

-Claude

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-22-2003 01:43 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude,

Take a look web page

That version, plus lots more.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-22-2003 05:27 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a reasonable chance that I may make it there for at least one of the days this weekend (probably Sunday), though I might not know for sure until the end of the week. I'll post again if/when I know I'll make it.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2003 09:19 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be sure to stop up to the booth and say hello...

/Mitchell

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-22-2003 05:02 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going to bed in a few minutes, and I won't have time to log in tomorrow morning before I leave for the airport. I will check before Saturday to see if there have been any more replies. Hope to see some of you there.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-22-2003 05:10 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I enjoy living in Hawaii, all of the exciting film events are taking place thousands of miles away. [Frown] If only I was filthy rich and had my very own private jet, I would be at these exciting events like the FRANKENSTEIN" film festival in New Jersey and meet many of you in a heart's beat! [Smile]

-Claude

Tom Doyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2003 09:28 PM      Profile for Tom Doyle   Email Tom Doyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you going to the Loew's films this weekend, you may also want to stop by at Chiller Theatre's Spring 2003 Expo:

www.chillertheatre.com

This is a sci-fi/horror convention in East Rutherford, right near Jersey City and the Loew's Theatre. (Did they plan this?) A friend of mine will be at the Expo to unveil a full-size fiberglass replica of The Creature From The Black Lagoon. Julie Adams (the female lead from the first movie) and Ben Chapman (who played the Creature in all the surface scenes in the first movie) will be there, as well as many other guest stars - check out the guest list on the website.

I had not planned on heading down to NJ that weekend, but with both going on, maybe I can find some free time this weekend.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2003 08:30 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While there is no direct connection between Chiller and the Loews Jersey, this weekend was picked for the Frankenstein shows specifically because of Chiller, and the many out of area people that Chiller brings in.

Last year when we ran out SciFi shows, we promoted the Chiller show on our web site and they allowed us to hand out flyers at their show. I'm not sure anything so formal is happening this year.

/Mitchell

Scott Norwood
Film God

- posted 04-26-2003 09:28 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like I'll be at the Loews Jersey for the shows on Sunday afternoon. I'll probably be wearing a Film-Tech shirt and will be the annoying one taking pictures and asking questions.

Is anyone else besides Stephen (and maybe Bill) planning to be there?

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-26-2003 11:29 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a quick look in the Auditorium on Thursday evening. No great change since October, but the shell of the organ console is now in place.

Hope to see some of you there,

Stephen.

Scott Norwood
Film God

- posted 04-28-2003 11:06 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For what it's worth, I had a great time at the show on Sunday and enjoyed meeting Stephen, Bob, Mitchell, and Bernie there!

For those who haven't been, I highly recommend checking out the Loews Jersey. The restoration is still very much in progress, but the building is fantastic and has a great deal of potential. They have done a number of interesting film programs featuring rare material that isn't likely to be shown in any other theatre.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: