Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Kodak Wins EPA Award

Author Topic: Kodak Wins EPA Award
John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-21-2003 07:14 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be attending the Awards Dinner at the Earth Technologies Forum in Washington DC tomorrow evening (April 22) to receive the 2003 EPA Stratospheric Ozone Protection Award for Kodak:

http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/US/en/corp/pressCenter/headlines.cgi

I led the team that developed and commercialized Particle Transfer Roller (PTR) film cleaning technology, which is now used by almost every film lab and film-to-video transfer facility, greatly reducing the use of solvents in cleaning film.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-22-2003 12:31 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coming to my neck-of-the-woods eh? Stop by the Historic Silver theatre (AFI/Silver)...it is now open and showing classic films on three screens.

Steve

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-22-2003 12:05 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could. But Betsy and I are getting a ride in the Kodak corporate jet! Leave Rochester at 4pm this afternoon, dinner at the Hyatt near Capitol Hill at 7pm, back in Rochester by midnight. [Cool]

[ 04-25-2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: John Pytlak ]

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2003 12:18 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Kodak!
What with its environmental concerns and its attention to fair hiring and workplace conditions, it looks to me that in Kodak corporate America (and the Washington administration) have an example worthy of emulation.
Congratulations on the honor, John!

Gerard

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-22-2003 12:20 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If all companies followed Kodak's lead, the world would be better off. [thumbsup]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-25-2003 10:39 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a thrill!

Ten Kodak people flew to Washington IAD Tuesday on the Kodak corporate twin-jet Challenger. Left Rochester at 3:45pm and arrived at Dulles airport before 5:00pm. The van trip to the Hyatt Capitol Hill hotel took longer than the flight!

After "official" photos with Drusilla Hufford of the EPA, we attended a reception sponsored by Trane. EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman opened the dinner with a short speech. Kodak was one of only three companies honored with the EPA 2003 Stratospheric Ozone Protection Award, presented by Drusilla Hufford, EPA Global Programs Division for Ozone Protection:

http://www.epa.gov/newsroom/headline_042203.htm

http://www.epa.gov/docs/ozone/awards/

Left for the airport at 9:45pm, and were back in Rochester by 11:30pm. Quite an exciting experience. [Smile]

[ 04-25-2003, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: John Pytlak ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: