Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Lookout L.A. -- here we come! or "Is there Chick-Fil-A in LA?"

Author Topic: Lookout L.A. -- here we come! or "Is there Chick-Fil-A in LA?"
Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 04-28-2003 05:16 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like Adam has finally convinced me to stop procrastinating and to stop being wishy washy and finally commit to taking the drive to Los Angeles and go on the photo / research trip to end all photo / research trips.

We're aiming to leave ?NoCal? Friday afternoon and be in Valencia where my friend Ken lives around 7 or 8. We're going to spend the weekend touring some of the more noteworthy theatres that Adam has never seen before (Chinese, Cinerama Dome, Westwood Village etc.) and then getting some of those hard to reach theatres and taking pictures.

So if you, or anybody you know, would like to meet up with us and check out some of the greater Los Angeles theatres, please contact Adam Martin or myself for coordination. Especially if YOU or somebody you know has access to projection booths and can give tours of them. (Brad promised he'd give Adam and I each a new toaster if we could get 5 new tours each for him!)

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-28-2003 09:22 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you get the "tours" if the management of the theater doesn't want you taking pictures? Mann has never been fond of pictures or even cameras of any sort on the premesis. Of course that never stopped me since I worked there. [Smile]

Anyway I'd really like to know the spiel you guys typically give to get inside.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 04-28-2003 09:26 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you with an overdose of Chick-fil-A. [evil]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-29-2003 04:35 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK. So tell me.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 04-29-2003 09:37 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Chick-Fil-A site also has a trip planner. [Big Grin]

http://www.chickfila.com/home.asp

[ 04-29-2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Bill Gabel ]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-29-2003 01:53 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have them here in Utah...nothing special at all. Their billboards are clever though...I wish the food was as good as the signs.
Mark

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 04-29-2003 06:38 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The speil is usually "I need to use the bathroom." Which believe it or not, no matter if I just went, there's something about walking up to a theatre I've never been inside before that makes me need to pee. That is to say that I have been conditioned to ACTUALLY go to the bathroom because every time I go in and tell them I need to use the bathroom so Adam can take pictures while he waits for me, I figure "What the hell... I'm here... I might as well go!".

The other one is to actually pick a really cool theatre we want pictures of to see a movie at. No matter how adamant people are about it, they can't stop us from taking pictures any more than they can stop teenagers from seeing 5 movies in one day. It's just a matter of somebody patrolling and keeping an eye out, something that many theatres just don't do enough of.

But seriously though -- there have GOT to be some projectionists lurking here who would love to get their booth on film-tech. If WE take the pictures... then it's not YOUR fault they made it here... [Wink]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-29-2003 07:09 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I really hope that you are able to get updated pictures on the Chinese. They've been through so many remodels I wonder what they have upstairs by now. I wonder if they are still using "Monster Cable" to run from their amps to their speakers? Check it out if you can.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: