Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What's UR Favorite TV Program? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: What's UR Favorite TV Program?
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-10-2003 11:21 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Not in any specific order, some of mine are:

Seinfeld: Always a hoot to watch even though I've seen them many times!
Jackass: Always hilarious and sometimes gross! What a bunch of f*cking idiots! I LOVE IT!!!! Almost as good as the "Backyard Wrestling" series!
O'Reilly Report: Usually on target. But get bored with his obsession with the Catholic Church and the so-called sex scandal involving altar boys. I was an altar boy and NEVER had the pleasure of sex with any of the priests I knew! DAMN! [evil]
Columbo: Seen these umpteen times. But still like to watch them.
Roseanne: Tells it like it is. Great writers and actors!
30-Minute Meals: Great information for quick, good meals.
Food 911: Great information...plus Tyler is soooo cute!
Blind Date: Hilarious! Proves that a certain sector of straight people are just like a certain sector of gay people.

>>> Phil

|  IP: Logged

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2003 11:33 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything on Discovery Channel,
Monster Garage- They buld some cool cars
American Chopper- Same with bikes
Drew Carey Show
MASH- Funny even though it was before my time
South Park- Until you see a few episodes you dont realise how intelligent the writers are, and that they actually know about issues and events that are happening today.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 12:58 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Married With Children - my favorite of all time
Simpsons
CSI
Seinfeld

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 01:10 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
South Park
Trigger Happy TV
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
(Hmmm...think I like Comedy Central just a bit?)
The Dead Zone
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Deep Space Nine

And, last but most certainly not least, my all-time absolute favorite show is....

....drumroll, please.....

Babylon 5

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 01:10 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Family Guy
Highway Patrol
Sea Hunt

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-11-2003 01:15 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
No particular order:

Seinfeld How can anyone not like this show? I can watch the gang wander around a parking garage or stand in line at a restaurant babbling about nothing for hours and hours!

Malcolm in the Middle The best show currently on tv as far as I am concerned. These get better with a second and third viewing. You'll have to watch half a dozen shows to really start to get it, but once you do you're hooked.

Southpark Haven't had a chance to watch this in quite some time, but like others, the writing is superb and as was commented on above, the writers are quite intelligent, despite the crude humor.

Who's Line is it Anyway? Hilarious show from the other side of the pond. Put some great comedians up on stage and force them to be funny on command. I don't know how they do it. (I think Ryan Stiles is permanently glued to the 4th chair and Colin Mockery reminds me of Bob Maar.)

Oprah Winfrey That woman is just wonderful. Whoever selects her guests should really be commended. These are the most interesting, informative and emotional shows on the air. Ok I'm just kidding about this one. I figure this is a good way to test my theory that people don't actually read when there is too much text in front of them. With that being said, I'll just babble on for a bit saying nothing to put a lot of text right here. Any takers on whether someone will make a post later on saying how shocked they are that I like this horrible show? I'm betting there will be at least one. If not, I'll probably get an email.

You know, thinking about it there really isn't much worth watching on tv. Sure I'll watch Married with Children, Simpsons, Jackass, Letterman/Leno, etc if it's on and I feel like doing nothing for an hour, but most tv is just crap.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-11-2003 01:16 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Episodic television:
  • Columbo, definitely. Top of my list. Well-made show.
  • Andy Griffith
Cable/documentary/other:
  • Modern Marvels
  • Inside the Actor's Studio
  • Biography

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 01:54 AM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simpsons - nothing can be said that hasn't already, normally brilliant writing, and amazing voice to character, except for the first two seasons, which are great in retrospect.

Law and Order - I have see all of the first four seasons at least five times a piece (thank you A&E!)

First Watch - at first bored me a bit, but then I became addicted... great character growth, a very quasi-Dick Wolf production.

Both Malcom in the Middle and Friends - Both to a certain extent mindless, while still remaining slightly highbrow. What more can be said?

And definitely Southpark. Damnit amazing. [Cool]

M*A*S*H - I have seen every episode at least a dozen times, even on repeated viewings I still find something, camera angles, directing, even the smallest neuance, amazing.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 02:22 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
South Park- At first I thought it couldn't last past two seasons but here we are coming up on, what is it, season 5?, and it just keeps getting better.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Don't laugh [Smile] . Superbly written and well acted. There are very few continuity errors in this show. The best part of it is they actually developed the characters. Minor characters from previous seasons appear later and are further developed into major plot drivers. Really hooked you in. The second half of season seven (the last season ever [Frown] ) really blew IMHO, but the previous six and a half make up for it.

I'm With Busey- I watched one episode of this the other day not expecting much and it turned out to be a riot. I can't wait until the next episode now.

The Sopranos- Seasons one and two were the best. Three was all right and four was a major letdown. You kept waiting for something big to happen in four and it never did. I certainly hope season five makes up for it.

Sienfeld- All that needs to be said has already been said.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 07-11-2003 02:38 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drew Carey
Married with Children
Seinfeld
Star Trek: TNG
Star Trek: Voyager
Red Green

Good one Brad... [sleep] Yes, I read. [fu]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-11-2003 02:45 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Letterman - When he has a politician or news anchor on, you can learn more in ten minutes than you can watching a whole day of CNN

All in the Family - The greatest sitcom of all time (until Seinfeld, maybe)

Judge Judy - I love it when she gets clueless 20-something stoners on and makes mincemeat of 'em

The Andy Griffith Show - One of the few comedies that can make you laugh and cry in the same show

...and probably the weirdest show ever, but dammit I love it...GREEN ACRES.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-11-2003 03:18 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't watch much TV but when I do it is usually:

Married with Children Great show, but gets a bit too cartoony for me at times and has a few just plain stupid episodes, especially the England ones and the ones where they are trying to spin off a new series. And that Seven kid is horrible.

Seinfield Fantastic show. A true classic. Makes other "classics" like all those old shows look like absolute crap. Did anyone catch that I misspelled "Seinfeld"?

South Park Yeah this is funny. Not really much more to say, except the animation is top rate at around 100-200 frames per second. Wow.

Dr. Phil Good God Dr. Phil just kicks all amounts of ass. I like how he talks to people with problems. What a great idea for a show! He is revolutionary. He's not like other talk show hosts who have normal people on their shows. Dr. Phill is a God. Actually he reminds me of some sort of authority figure I used to have (can't quite place my finger on it). But I just want to kick his ass and prove him wrong at something. I do not watch his stupid show.

Leno/Letterman I switch back and forth between these when I get bored of one or the other. When Letterman gets a laugh from something he says, he'll repeat it over and over and over and just never let it go. That is just retarded. He also babbles. Leno is just a stupid man. His comedy isn't as good as Letterman's, but at least his monologues are longer (they should be stereo and not mono though... get it? Get it? HA HAHHAHAHA ... oh....) and he has HEADLINES, his one redeeming quality. His "Ross the Intern" things are horrible and I want to slap Leno for having a high squeaky voice. That should be illegal. I don't watch the guest segments on either show. Why would I want to watch them ask a guest pre-scripted questions about their latest movie? Booooring.

Simpsons Great show. 'Nuf said, I think.

What I hate:
-Any show where you learn a lesson or has morals in some fashion. I just want to be entertained. Cosby sucks my hairy ass! You know where to shove those Jello Pudding Pops asshole!
-Any show where you are expected to feel emotion for one of the characters. I absolutely HATE that. I just want to be entertained.
-Any episode of The Simpsons dealing with Lisa and her stupid saxomophone. This kind of falls into the upper two categories as well. Death is more entertaining!

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 06:37 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE WIRE - A second season HBO crime drama. Excellent writing and performances. Not afraid to kill off main characters if it fits the story. I think its the best show on HBO, and that includes SOPRANOS and SIX FEET UNDER.

MONSTER GARAGE -- A reality show with skill. Watching them cram 2 snowmobile engines and tracks into a Mini-Cooper was amazing. Sometimes the drama is overdone, but these guys have some serious metalworking skills. Watching Pete Finley do free-hand pinstriping was just amazing.

GOOD EATS -- Alton Brown is just plain cool. Excellent writing on this show, and good, solid advice on basic cooking skills.

COOK'S TOUR -- A culinary trip around the world with author/chef Tony Bourdain. He's eaten the dreaded durian fruit and a live cobra heart. Also a very well written show. No recipes but very entertaining.

IRON CHEF -- Just because it's Iron Chef.

SIMPSONS -- I have never failed to get at least one laugh-out-loud moment from every episode.

IMUS IN THE MORNING -- He's rude, obnoxious and opinionated. But he also brings on national political figures that no one else ever has on. Probably the best political show on television. Hard to understand at first, but addicting when you get the hang of it.

SUNDAY MORNING -- A quiet moment of excellence on, appropriately enough, Sunday morning. Entertaining and literate. Stories are given the time they need, not just sound bites. I never hear anyone talk about this show, but I know a lot of people watch it. A nice quiet refreshing program amid the noise of most TV news shows.

Note to Ken Layton -- "10-4"

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 07:34 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite:

The Honeymooners
Jackie Gleason had incredible timing. Audrey Meadows, Art Carney, and Joyce Randolph rounded out the fun

The Twilight Zone
Rod Serling had some really inspired episodes.

Seinfeld
I am not the master of my domain.

Who's Line Is It Anyway?
English and American versions. Belly laughs!

I Love Lucy / The Lucy Show / Here's Lucy
Started in 1951 and made a very slow decline until 1974 (?) Lucy was, and still is, the queen of television comedy!

And:
The Simpsons
Married With Children
All In The Family
Green Acres
The Beverly Hillbillies
Ben Casey (Lust in the hospital!)
The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961)

The Single worst:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.--Slowest show of all time.

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 08:02 AM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seinfeld-- can never tire of this one. The Kenny Rogers Roasters episode is classic.

Curb Your Enthusiasm-- For the continuing adventures of the REAL George Costanza.

The Simpsons-- It took a cartoon to make the most realistic American sit-com ever.

Malcom in the Middle-- The comedy is enhanced by the quirky filmmaking style. Always fresh.

Trigger Happy TV-- The all-UK version. The NYC stuff doesn't strike me as surreal enough.

Green Acres-- It's nice to see appreciation for this often derided show. DADA disguised as rural comedy.

Dick Van Dyke-- Solid writing and performances. Never misses a beat. The "Ghost of A. Chance" episode was the hit of our Halloween movie party.

Happy Days-- The first two seasons (before they switched to the live audience). Really seems to evoke the era.

Xena-- Last but not least (it has to be SOMEWHERE on my list). Hong Kong chop-socky meets "Jason and the Argonauts." Great music and production values that put some movies to shame.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: