Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Summer Sanitarium Tour

Author Topic: Summer Sanitarium Tour
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2003 01:57 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is kinda last-minute, but here goes. For six months, I've been trying to find someone to got to the Summer Sanitarium Tour with. That day is nearly upon us, and so far I'm still going alone. I hate going to concerts alone. Anyone going to the Citrus Bowl Sunday? If so, wanna meet up somewhere?

|  IP: Logged

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 07-13-2003 06:02 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that Bobby Henderson is into that kindof thing. You might try and ask him.
Have fun [Smile]

Josh

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-13-2003 06:20 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the Metallica summer tour right. Ken can you do me a favor. Please post either here or pm me the set list for the show. Past shows have only featured one song from the re-loaded cd and two songs from St. Anger.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-14-2003 01:21 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shit. I thought you were talking about a "nut house" ... [Big Grin] I used to work in one of those....as a projectionist. (had to qualify that) [Big Grin]

I had weekly tours of that place.... [Eek!]

Maybe the staff was trying to tell me something. [eyes]

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2003 09:12 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
St. Anger? *shudders*

That has got to be the worst Metallica song ever. The start of it has promise then it crashes and burns.

David Rigby
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2003 10:45 AM      Profile for David Rigby   Email David Rigby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Metallica went off the rails right after Master of Puppets in my book. Saw em in 1985 on Ride the Lightning and they were great though (was due to see em in 84 but the UK tour got cancelled because of poor ticket sales - mine was one of only around 100 bookings at the 4000 capacity venue they were scheduled to play at in Manchester on a triple bill with The Rods and Exciter). Humble days indeed [Smile]

David

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-14-2003 12:05 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not a fan of the mix of the St. Anger cd. However I did like the mix on the DVD rehearsals of the songs. Two things you have to remember about Metallicas past. One of course is the fact that a lot of the heavy riffs and lyrics were written by Cliff Burton. During the Ride the Lightening tour James Hetfields guitar that whe used on the first two albums was stolen and he never got it back. He said ever since then he could never achieve the same sound that they had on the first two albums.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2003 08:09 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! What an awesome frickin show! I don't remember the exact set list, but they played a lot of old-school favories. They opened with Battery, then played Master of Puppets, Harvester of Sorrow, and Sanitarium. Other old-school favorites included One (I love that song!), Seek & Destroy, Fight Fire with Fire, and For Whom the Bell Tolls. The only song they played from Reload was Feul. Nothing from Load. Only two from the Black Album (Nothing Else Matters and Enter Sandman) and two from St. Anger (Frantic and, of course, St. Anger).

I love all of Metallica's stuff, new and old. But I really wish they played more of their newer stuff. If I had to pick a single favorite album, it would probablly be Master of Puppets. But I absolutely love Load and Reload. I would love to have heard Hero of the Day (one of my favorites), Better Than You, Until it Sleeps, and Bleeding Me. I also wanted to hear some Garage, Inc. Last time I saw them (1999, at the Orange Bowl) they played Turn the Page and Whiskey In the Jar. This time they played neither.

I am actually listening to the St. Anger CD right now. I love it, including the song St. Anger. The first time I heard it, I did not like it. Probablly because it is dramatically different from their other recent CD's. But the more I listen to it, the more it grows on me.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-15-2003 12:00 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you had a good time at the show Ken. I am hoping they add a few more tunes by the time they start hitting the arenas. On this summer tour they have been sticking to pretty much the same setlist. Somthing they hav'nt done in a long time.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2003 12:13 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am suprised that they are not playing "Creeping Death" on this tour I think that is a great song. I hated the St. Anger album. I saw them in 2000 and they played all my favorite songs so I was happy, They even played the cover of "Last Caress" from the Misfits.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-15-2003 09:28 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are playing Creeping Death on this tour.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2003 10:21 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really? The set list from Boston did not have it on it.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-15-2003 10:53 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here is one of there set lists.

Foxboro, Massachusetts
Gillette Stadium (7/6/03)

Battery
Master of Puppets
Harvester of Sorrow
Sanitarium
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Frantic
Sad But True
St. Anger
No Remorse
Seek & Destroy
Blackened
Fuel
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
One
Enter Sandman

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2003 10:01 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm Radio LIED to me... I am very upset Radio is supposed to be my friend!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: