Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Return of the King trailer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: The Return of the King trailer
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2003 02:18 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if/when the new Lord of the Rings trailer will be released?

I am thinking that it should be shipped with or attached to Freddy Vs Jason

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-17-2003 10:27 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Trailers are supposed to hit theaters on 9-26-2003.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-17-2003 10:30 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There will be one that is supposed to be attached to Secondhand Lions on its second week 9-26-03.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2003 12:24 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Trailers are supposed to hit theaters on 9-26-2003.
Trailers will be hitting the theaters sooner than that in North Carolina when Isabel hits!

HAHAHAHAHA!

Okay, I'll go do something else now.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-25-2003 07:24 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the trailer has arrived! New Line wants it on Second Hand Lions. They say they are advertising it, too!

I say they are an inconsiderate bunch of *##!!!*&&*!!! We had no advanced warning whatsoever! I want to know why studios think that everything can be done at the last minute? Well, as the old saying goes "YOUR LACK OF PLANNING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY FOR ME".

When our owner found out about it, he had to rearrainge the theater schedule, figuring that people might actually show up just to see the trailer. Old schedules had to be discarded and new ones printed because of the change in theater order. That put additional pressure on the booth staff. Show change sheets had to be redone, as prints were no longer going to move to the theaters previously scheduled for them.

The Hollywood suits have not a clue as to what a multiplex goes through when last minute switches have to be done, nor, I'm sure, do they care. There is no reason why theaters could not have been informed ahead of time instead of at the last minute.

When we get inconsiderate requests like this, we should all bury them in the garbage can.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-25-2003 07:55 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Movie trailers should only be attached when the print is initially built up. Not any time else. Screw this 2-weeks later phoney-baloney. I agree the studios should have better foresight and planning. This especially holds true in case of "Return of the King." Much of this trailer's contents have been viewable on DVD for nearly a month. Get on the stick, New Line!

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 09-26-2003 08:01 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got the final trailers from New Line Post-Productions about 1 month and a half ago .

Patrick McDonough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2003 08:24 AM      Profile for Patrick McDonough   Email Patrick McDonough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we still dont have our's [Mad]

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2003 11:13 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got advance warning last week. There was a note in the film can (2nd Hand Lions) that stated that the trailer was going to be sent to us a week later to put on the movie. Did some of you guys ignore the note thinking that it was another one of those "Your Booking department has approved the following 16 trailers to go on this print" notes that are in every can?

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 09-26-2003 11:53 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today's newspaper display ad for Secondhand Lions prominently mentions the Return of the King trailer. The theatre would basically have no choice but to show it.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-26-2003 03:37 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
They put it in newspaper ads, eh? Oh well. Mine is on Duplex. That's what happens when they send a trailer in a week after the print shows up. I have better things to do than play jack-around with unnecessary trailer changes. The box office staff knows and I believe there is a sign up too.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-26-2003 05:49 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG OMG has n-e 1 seen the return of the king trailer yet?????!?!???!??? OMG OMG OMG itz lord of da ringz so ut has to be ghoodd!! OMG OMG OMG hgi ergvrej vrgg

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2003 06:29 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The stack ads in the NYC area confirm it: "Be The First To See The Trailer . . . Starting Today At Selected Theatres". New Line included that last phrase to fend off any possible lawsuits.

Then again, Reading/City Cinemas is still off service with Universal and is not opening The Rundown.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 09-26-2003 07:11 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Oh, come on guys.
It's not that hard to change a trailer, and believe me this one is worth it.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-26-2003 07:42 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you are missing the point Mike.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: