Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Filmguard - The Un-authorized Uses (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Filmguard - The Un-authorized Uses
Richard Thomas
Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2003 12:20 PM      Profile for Richard Thomas   Email Richard Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for fun. I am on my fourth bottle of this great stuff and my entire film collection is saved and gleaming! I tried it on a LP record I was about to transfer and although an un-authorized use, the results were amazing. Surface noise was reduced to almost zero and the s/n ratio was near perfect; top end still ace. Cleans & renews my reading glasses too. Don't try this at home! [Razz]

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-16-2003 03:33 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to use this stuff on my corn flakes to clean out my bowels! [Mad]

Clean as a whistle now! [Big Grin]

Dave [thumbsup]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2003 04:27 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you're kidding about using it on reading glasses, that's where the Rosco lens cleaner and tissue comes in.

I've found a great other use for FilmGuard. I use it on scratched DVDs<rental> and CDs. Just wipe on a very very small amount, like the amount you use on film, and most of the time any skipping problems with the disc will be gone.
[thumbsup]

Danny

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-16-2003 04:35 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The principle is the same as with base scratches on film. FG 'fills in' the indentation. I guess the issue is whether any of the liquid finds its way onto the CD or DVD player's lens and therefore causes problems further down the road by affecting its ability to read the data from the disc.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-16-2003 04:42 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used it to kill a wasp in the booth once. (mostly the FG immobilized it, so I could smack it with a CD case.)

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 08-16-2003 05:41 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.

Okay...I admit I got that off the bottle of Mr. Clean ®.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-16-2003 08:50 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great for indigestion!
[bruce]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-16-2003 11:21 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I use Filmguard with my CinemaTour T-shirts to polish my cars. It even helps remove dents better than the "Ding-King"....

>>> Phil

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-16-2003 11:59 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Hahahahaa! I'm rolling!

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-17-2003 01:02 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes a great furniture polish, too. [Big Grin]

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 08-17-2003 02:34 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes a great deodorizer, too!

I sprayed some on a paper towel and then put that in my sock drawer.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-17-2003 06:32 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny, here's a hot tip for you... After you've worn your socks, WASH them B4 putting them in the drawer. It's amazing how well that works... [Razz]

>>> Phil

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2003 09:28 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny, toss a few of your dirty sox in the washer and add pure FG. Not only will your sox smell somewhat better, they will slip onto your feet easier. An additional bonus, FG can lubricate the seals in your washing machine, and also the pump.

Use the whole quart. Brad will be happy.

OR JUST DRINK IT. Makes things slide right through...

[bruce]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-17-2003 01:26 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, this is too funny! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 08-17-2003 01:31 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From my carnie days--sorta. Maybe Brad could put this on an endless loop for his next NATO ShoWest booth...

Walk, talk, and drink FilmGuard!
Nice and greasy
Slides down easy
Good for the ladies
Won't hurt the babies
Walk, talk, and drink FilmGuard!

[ 08-18-2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Paul Mayer ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: